Stangrcr1's Open Class VT-7

What have I gotten myself into.... :hammer:

Well here is the pile:

I have almost all the parts including the jackshaft bracket. Chatten(Rick) already sent me the clutch and chain guards.

I was almost going to go vintage class, but this will not be a full resto. 6hp instead of 7, wrong tires, and some other not orig stuff, like the hydraulic rear disc brake.

Lets see if I can even get one of these bikes done. :eek:ut:

I was almost going to go vintage class, but this will not be a full resto. 6hp instead of 7, wrong tires, and some other not orig stuff, like the hydraulic rear disc brake.

Lets see if I can even get one of these bikes done. :eek:ut:
I like those. I think both of your bikes would qualify for Vintage class?

Vintage Class

Single cylinder engine only.
Flathead or vintage two-stroke.
Frame must also be a vintage frame.
Centrifical clutch,torque converter or two-speed allowed.
Can be a large or small wheeled mini as long as it's vintage.
"vintage" shall be defined as 25 years or older

Thanks Dave, but one issue is the motor I am putting into the SB is 1980 vintage. Makes it 24 years old.... And the motor for the TB is from 1996...

Here is the first VT-7 with a floating caliper hydraulic rear brake( the caliper bracket floats too):

Brake system is from a Yamaha YZF1. Yeah I know the bleeder will be down. Will just unbolt the caliper and flip it if I ever need to bleed it.

Now to get the master cylinder mounted. Yes this will have foot operated rear brakes. All custom linkage from the looks of it.

Oh, and I will be reinstalling the original band brake on the jackshaft.

Awesome Start - better make sure you get both done or it could be a clown suit for both of us:laugh:

Those brake will plough tracks - mean stopping power

Awesome Start - better make sure you get both done or it could be a clown suit for both of us:laugh:

Those brake will plough tracks - mean stopping power
Figure I need big brakes with a big bike. I did have to bleed them, probably will do it again later.

Wetsanding sucks. Started on the frame with spot putty and have gone through a whole tube. Lots of little pits...

I am hoping so! The foot lever came from a Kawasaki bike of some sort. Heated it with a torch, rebend, perfect! Too bad heating it messed up the chrome...

The brake above is actually all Brembo components. Probably way too good for this bike... :laugh:

First coat of color...

First of many coats.... Used a touch up gun getting all the nooks and crannies first.

Blue is a bit darker than I was expecting, but I like it. It has lots of tiny flecks of metallic in it. Will look much better after several coats and then clear.

Haven't decided if I am going to put blue stripes down the fenders... :shrug:

As far as the bottom of the engine plate, mine was quite bent when I got the frame, so after much hammering, I added the two cross-braces under the engine and jackshaft area. The L shaped bracket towards the back is the mount for the foot brake lever. I opened the original notch a little for the hydraulic brake rod to come through. The mount for the Brembo brake cylinder is visible below there.

I am working on this too fast... That or I have too much free time.

Still have a motor rebuild coming.... Ordered some parts...

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Realy like that color of blue, bet it will look even better in the sun :thumbsup:

These FAT tire bikes are starting to grow on me :smile: