Step through scooter

I've been toying with the idea of making a scooter. I have enough frames and wheels lying around to make it happen. I'm thinking of making a mini Tule trooper looking bike because I like that style.It will have a 5" wheel in the back and a 4" in front and will be powered by a 5HP Briggs engine.I was just wondering what the thought of something like this would be to you guys so let me know what you think and dont worry I do have thick skin so say whatever you feel.The Ideas you guys can offer are priceless.:thumbsup:

Go for it. I've seen what you can do. Don't think you would do it bad?:thumbsup:
Thanks Buck
I think with wheels that small it will look more like a KOL than a Tule :shrug: But I like the idea :thumbsup:

The King o lawn looks like just a factory chopped off mini bike.It will have small wheels and be lower to the ground but have more of the Tule Troopers shape because I like the way they look.

Thanks rhino.

45t

Thanks Bob
Another high speed forks streaker frame will be sacrificed, the shape is not exact but simular. I am going to put bracing from the front of the seat area down to the front of the motor mount to keep the frame from crushing under load.
:detective: That Manco looks familiar. Can't wait to see how it comes out. :thumbsup:

:detective: That Manco looks familiar. Can't wait to see how it comes out. :thumbsup:
Yep thats the one, I think I'm going to make the brace from under the seat to the top of the engine to keep it light and simple.I want to make it easy to ride and keep the design like they were back in the day.I think I'll end up using a clutch brake on this one.The motor should have more than enough power for this one and it will stay stock governor and all.(which is hard for me to do)

Ok today I did a mockup of the drivetrain and already I don't like what I see. I'm using a Bird back wheel on this and it don't line up,its about a 1/2" off and thats after moving the wheel off center a bit.To fix everything I'm going to move the back wheel further back,put a jackshaft on it with my two speed,use a band brake on the jackshaft clutch,flip the back wheel and remove the scrub brake.

I wanted to make something different and easy to ride.

The Cushmans were all enclosed,I want it to be lighter but still have the look.The Tule Trooper is the look I'm after.I think they are classic in their own right.
A lot of cushmans were totaley open from new, for some good ideas you can
see hundreds of old moto scooters www vintage motor scooter musiuem,
check it out rocko it neat,like what your doing! :thumbsup::thumbsup: