Stock Engine - repair manual ?

is there a web site for the engine ? or a real repair manual ? and parts other than Sears and over priced shipping and handling charges ?

Thanks

Smokie

What parts do you need? We may have them.
Also I saw some 3.5 used Briggs for sale a while back for $65 ( or so ) shipped.
Some people would make a very very very good deal on a slightly used 2.8.
I would give you my old one but Baja sent a box to ship it back to them.

I may be one of the few who don't hate the stock motors. :anon.sml: They're fun if you've got nothing else to ride, but IMO once it breaks it ain't really worth fixing unless you're just really into the novelty of it...

Thanks for the repies and you are allproably right about dumping it but I like fixing stuff/tinkering. I atleast want to see it run for little bit. Think maybe will check the flywheel key to see if it broke.

Motra

I have the service manual I could send to your email if you want. It's the Honda manual. The 2.8 is a Honda G100 clone.

there isnt much you can do with the 2.8 there a toss away motor . but if you want to tinker look up Dudlydoodleright he was working on doing all kinds of crap to the 2.8
like better rods and upgrades . he has a page of threads on working on them .
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1036119
he hasnt been on here is a bit and havent heard much about his progress on the 2.8 . but some neat reading if you want to mess with these little motors .

The 2.8 is a clone of the Honda G100 K2-get one of the manuals to the Honda and your all but set. About the only thing important is the Honda runs a 5/8 inch shaft for the clutch and the Chinese runs 16mm.

The 2.8 is a clone of the Honda G100 K2-get one of the manuals to the Honda and your all but set. About the only thing important is the Honda runs a 5/8 inch shaft for the clutch and the Chinese runs 16mm.
wow speak of the devil :laugh:
i figured if any one can help this kid out you can. you have been all over these motors messing with them .

Wow did not know it was a Honda clone !! why is it so bad then ?
It may be a clone but that doesn't make it a Honda ( I'd prefer a Honda ), the biggest draw back on the DB30 2.8 engine is the carb.....from what I understand a carb kit will improve the driveability of the stock 2.8 engine.

fonz

For a repair manual for the 97cc Doodle engine please use the search feature.
Suggestions are: Boat Anchor, Cutting torch, Sledge Hammer, and Door Stop.

Sorry folks, I like them. I am just getting into minibikes and a DB with 2.8 OEM runs good enough for me, after I have tuned it a little. I have 3 DB's, worked/ tinkered on them all day and had a blast. :smile:

I have one with the stock 2.8 engine (governor still there, no funny business) , 13x6.5x6 pocket bike tires (thanks mmisterbungl for tire posts), 65 tooth rear sprocket (same ratio as 75 tooth rear sprocket with 145x70x6 OEM tires), and black clutch spring. It rides low, so I sawed off the kickstand and removed the fenders for a better look.

I was riding it some this afternoon and the local kids seemed to like it well enough. Yes, the stock ones go putt-putt, but with a little tuning they run will run a lot better. :thumbsup:

As for the manual, engine is probably a disposable item, appears cheaper to replace than repair. Recently I bought a almost new engine/ clutch locally for next to nothing (guy bought new DB and converted to 6.5 clone).