Stripped spark plug hole...

So after replacing my sparkplug bike was running choppy so I decide to gap it. A few more days later same problem, I took the plug out to check it re- gapped it and tried to put it back in no dice... I kept twisting and turning no luck So is there a way to fix this should I try a different plug(autolite 63 now) or am I SOL with that motor.
I got the week off from work so now a good time for stuff like this to happen or itll never get done, but any advice or help would be much appreciated.

So after replacing my sparkplug bike was running choppy so I decide to gap it. A few more days later same problem, I took the plug out to check it re- gapped it and tried to put it back in no dice... I kept twisting and turning no luck So is there a way to fix this should I try a different plug(autolite 63 now) or am I SOL with that motor.
I got the week off from work so now a good time for stuff like this to happen or itll never get done, but any advice or help would be much appreciated.
sounds like you need to buy a new head...what type of motor is it?

george3

pull the head and hava a heili coil installed. (new threads) auto motive places can do it. you will have to bring your spark plug with you.

I have a feeling this is the 1st of many problems I seen the HF 6.5 and it looks the same So I was thinking of giving that puppy a try.

george3

tom that is good info for someone that has never done that before. good find. you must pull the head off to do this job. I think you know this.

You guys are super helpful but I just went and bought the HF motor and installed it. MY 1st motorswap:thumbsup: very fun now the only problem now is... I got is theses chepo tires on there. I guess this would a good time to get rims to.

Last edited: