Super Bronc Video

Ruppster, THat is sweet!!!, that tec is just sitting there purring, myself I'm a briggs guy, but also appreciate a good running motor, and the bike!!! woah!!! Question??? that motor, tec 8? does it have the lighting coil? how would I know it if I saw one? I will admit that I've never seen one, and only heard of them through OldMiniBikes, I do have this motor on a trike that I have on a low piority list, cause I fear if I make it run, I'll end up selling it but now that I know it may have this lighting set-up I may re-think my priorities.
dave

Yeah , idle is a little high but looks really nice! :thumbsup:

I hit pause many times when it showed the front brake, the front drum on my Bronc doesn't come out that far and is missing the brake parts. Did yours come that way or did you build it? If you built it, where did you get the parts?

I found a 10HP for mine that has never had gas in it but needs to be cleaned up, maybe I'll get to it this winter. :doah:

Nice job.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank's! :thumbsup:

Dave - The lighting coil wire connector comes out right by the carb/air cleaner assembly. It has 3 wires,
Yellow-Kill
Red-Headlight/Tail
Brown-Stop lamp.

It has the same 3 way plug as a rupp. I used to be a briggs guy back when I was younger but the Tecs have the look and fun to work on lol, Just trying to keep it original the best I could...oh and the engine is an HM80 8hp Tec.

Smallbikes/GTO - Yes the idle was alittle high. I can now set it to where it sounds like a harley thumping lol. I was running the wrong spark plug and it would load up at lower idle, that is fixed now. The brake I made - I bought the brake drum and plate from hilltopdave on ebay also BMI Karts sells the same one. The only modifications I had to do was to the lower fork tubes. I welded the original holes shut that mount the spring to the lower fork tubes and had to raise the holes up about 1/4" and I made a tab for the brake adjuster. If you do decide to use this the drum goes all the way to the end of the hub (the hub O.D. bore and I.D. of the drum are the same and slide right on) I used 2 big washers and the original axle as a jig, slide the drum all the way to the end so it his the washer and weld it on. I had to bend out the actuator arm and added a spring. Works great! Also you stated you had the original brake drum already, You would have to remove that by griding the welds off to put the new drum on. Hope that helps.

I was told by Ron Kimball at Powertec that no other brake assemblies would interchange with the original. If you can find the original parts that would be great! I have not seen any in the year and a half I have been building mine. My super bronc never had a drum on the front so thats why I started from scratch or I to would be hunting down the original parts.