Taco 100B?

I know for a fact that the one group that was selling them out of california has said they no longer want them because the Monster Frijole is a bear to build. Many inconsistency's
with the jackshaft kit and other issues apparently. I asked the head guy there why not continue to produce the original Frijole as I really want one of those for my collection, but he kept pushing me for their 22 kit, which is very good. If someone reproduces a Taco Frijole roller, I would pay to have one!! If anyone ever finds a company reproducing the Frijole, please let me know. Thanks:laugh:

Taco

I know for a fact that the one group that was selling them out of california has said they no longer want them because the Monster Frijole is a bear to build. Many inconsistency's
with the jackshaft kit and other issues apparently. I asked the head guy there why not continue to produce the original Frijole as I really want one of those for my collection, but he kept pushing me for their 22 kit, which is very good. If someone reproduces a Taco Frijole roller, I would pay to have one!! If anyone ever finds a company reproducing the Frijole, please let me know. Thanks:laugh:
Not sure what you mean when you say that the Monster Frijole is a bear to build. Did you buy one/build one? On my site and GKUSA it clearly states that this build is an advanced build. I don't think Manchester had any problems with her's. To make the bike turn out like the one shown on my site (Taco) you better have better than average skills. The rear end is the only bear and we have that down pat.
What inconsistency's are there with the J/S? This is a First I have heard anthing about J/S issues after about 200 sold.
The original M/F was built with a Briggs 3HP. Now adays most people are using the Honda style motors. That is a change from the original build.
The new Frijoles will accomodate the new motors. If you have any questions feel free to contact us to discuss any issues you may be experiencing. We are here to help.

Rokko, you said "I know for a fact that the one group that was selling them out of california has said they no longer want them because the Monster Frijole is a bear to build"

I'm curious who that one group was. Can you please provide me their name? No one but me has the 100B model. Not sure where you are getting your "Facts", but you need to do a little more fact checking before making statements that aren't true.

Hounddog

Taco 100B

Last year at Minibike Paul's Funday, Taco Joe showed up with all of his rides. Including the Taco 100B. It is by far the best, most advanced minibike for sale today. All of us would be very happy and proud to own one....I am saving my money as I need one in my collection of Tacos and minis! Thanks Joe for helping to keep it alive! :thumbsup:

HD

WLB

I just looked at the 100B on the Taco website. Just curious, what about that bike would be a bear to assemble and require better than average skills? I may be missing something but it looks like straight forward assembly to me. I am assuming that all the welding has been done. Is that correct?

I just looked at the 100B on the Taco website. Just curious, what about that bike would be a bear to assemble and require better than average skills? I may be missing something but it looks like straight forward assembly to me. I am assuming that all the welding has been done. Is that correct?
Maybe this clarifies WLB?

Website on the 100B says,... 'assembled and or inspected by a qualified mechanic, or persons with appropriate mechanical expertise..'

Taco Joe's post above refers to the Frijole job Manchester did, "To make the bike turn out like the one shown on my site (Taco) you better have better than average skills."

From what I gather, everything is welded, and it looks like a bolt-together and rigging project that anyone with ordinary tools and skills can do. (Not affiliated with Joe, nor do I have any of his products)

Ok, let me clear the air a bit here Taco Joe. First, I have been building and riding minibikes for 30 years. When I contacted that site, they referred me to a gentleman who was the authority of minibikes from that company. As much as I wanted one of these, he constantly discouraged me from them stating; "We are discontinuing the production of these and are selling off what is left, I suggest the 22, it is an easy build and beautiful bike!" I called him twice and we had lengthy conversations and he said the Jackshaft is a separate kit and many people had issues with it because modifications needed to be done. Basically Joe, he really did not support that particular model and tried everything to steer me away. There you have it, I am not misinformed, I was ready to buy, he really pushed me away. I love the monster reproduction as well as the original Frijole, and if you can provide me with one......let's talk. I hope this clears the air. I would rather not get into who it was or what company I spoke with here, but if you IM me, then we can talk.

1stlegendtx

Ok, let me clear the air a bit here Taco Joe. First, I have been building and riding minibikes for 30 years. When I contacted that site, they referred me to a gentleman who was the authority of minibikes from that company. As much as I wanted one of these, he constantly discouraged me from them stating; "We are discontinuing the production of these and are selling off what is left, I suggest the 22, it is an easy build and beautiful bike!" I called him twice and we had lengthy conversations and he said the Jackshaft is a separate kit and many people had issues with it because modifications needed to be done. Basically Joe, he really did not support that particular model and tried everything to steer me away. There you have it, I am not misinformed, I was ready to buy, he really pushed me away. I love the monster reproduction as well as the original Frijole, and if you can provide me with one......let's talk. I hope this clears the air. I would rather not get into who it was or what company I spoke with here, but if you IM me, then we can talk.
You could still be misinformed.:shrug:

I would rather not get into who it was or what company I spoke with here, but if you IM me, then we can talk.
Yeah, good, because all you have to do is send Joe a PM and he will respond. I started this thread about availability of the 100B, and I really don't know which model you are talking about. It it's any other model, please take it off line, or start your own thread.

There are other threads here on the Frijole builds if that's what you are talking about.

1st legend, you could be right! Guys I love that Frijole, and was looking to somehow add one to my collection. They discontinued making the original Frijole kit that was available online, so the next best thing was the Monster one they offered. So, I did my research by calling the company and was:innocent: referred to the gentleman that apparently handles all minibike sales online. He really pushed me away from the Monster and said they are getting out of that. Now that is the truth and that is what he told me, so misinformed,
mislead, misappropriated, whatever. I would love to find that original Frijole kit available I would snag one up in a minute. No disrespect to whoever is making Monster Frijole, I was simply passing on what the company who distributed it said. End of story and thank you, I will be here all weekend!

Also the monster Frijole is awesome and I was ready to buy it until i was basically told to stay away from it by the representative. As far as Joe, I did contact him and he has a right to know if the people that are selling his product are doing something like that.