Tall Bonanza Jackshaft Plates

I am building a Mx Bonanza with a H70 with a TAV and needed tall plates. Scooter boy made me a super nice set of plates. After I got the plates I had a templete from a member of tall bonanza plate and realized the swing arm hole is lower. So I used the old copper plate on the back and plug welded it closed and drilled a new hole.The 5/8 hole was easy to drill and the plates look great.Thanks to scooterboy for the plates they saved me hours of work.

Hey Mike.... Can you trace one and send me the correct location of the swing-arm holes? I'll have Hent scrap out the ones I just sent him and make new correct ones. When you asked for them I had 10 sets made to those specs.:doah: Thanks!!

Scooterboy Sure will, but I think the ones you made will work, but with my mx it has the small sprocket on the rear wheel and will rub the swing arm but I think with a bc with bigger sprocket it might have clearance.

The bikes with TAV's had the tall(5") plates. The others are 3" tall. Mike or someone that has dealt with the TAV on a Bonanza can probably explain a whole lot better..

The bikes with TAV's had the tall(5") plates. The others are 3" tall. Mike or someone that has dealt with the TAV on a Bonanza can probably explain a whole lot better..
Cool, I got it. Just curious, as I've contemplated TAV's on other bikes and though the JS would be too low for them to work.

Nice job on the fabrication by the way, and a great service to those who need these. :thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

If your using a jackshaft with the swingarm and jackshaft being on different parallels your going to have chain issues when the shocks are compressed..

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

My plan is to keep the swing arm mounted via the j/s as factory. Thinking I will need slightly longer shocks though?
Chad,
you may need a tad longer shock to keep the same ride heigth..

when the pivot points are not the same the chain will either tighten or loosen depending if the swingarm is mounted above or below the jackshaft..

Last edited:

george3

I am building a Mx Bonanza with a H70 with a TAV and needed tall plates. Scooter boy made me a super nice set of plates. After I got the plates I had a templete from a member of tall bonanza plate and realized the swing arm hole is lower. So I used the old copper plate on the back and plug welded it closed and drilled a new hole.The 5/8 hole was easy to drill and the plates look great.Thanks to scooterboy for the plates they saved me hours of work.
Is this the scooter boy one? It looks like the the oem. I have 2 of these bikes left, 1 swing arm type the other hard tail. by site it looks to be a match to the swingarm type the hard tail bike is boxed so I did not compair it.

george3

The hard part of these is the bearing hole. Scooterboy did those holes great.The bearing is a nice press fit. It is a real simple fix to weld up the small hole and redrill.It saved me hours of work.:thumbsup: