tecumseh governor removal.

:shrug: I still don't get it. If I don't red line the motor, I'm not gonna blow it. My rev limiter is on my right hand on the twist grip. It gets scared long before the revs get to high. Am I missing somrthing?
Wide open till you see God, then brake!

125ccCrazy

I have a h60 Tec with a govenor failure....took out the piston, rod, cam and beat the block to crap inside...Not by me...someone ran it hard....

Not questioning the forum ruling what so ever...And with all the aftermarket safer parts offered... it is the smart thing to do.But did anybody ever wonder why the Rupp Blackwidow came from the factory and was advertised without a governor? And which Tec motor do you have..your questions today have been very general?

:shrug: I still don't get it. If I don't red line the motor, I'm not gonna blow it. My rev limiter is on my right hand on the twist grip. It gets scared long before the revs get to high. Am I missing somrthing?
With no governor it is real easy to over rev and launch a rod, you think you may have full control but the phrase "it happened so fast" comes to mind.
Rod failure (or worse, flywheel explosions) are no fun, especially between your legs:doah:

It's a H 50 on a Bonanza CR400. With the gov on, the engine surges and won't cruise smoothly. That's why I took it off. I run a Briggs 3 hp on my other bike. Never had a gov and has run for years. My 51 Chevy doesn't has a gov on the 350. Just a tach to keep the rpms under 6000. When the valves float it tells me it's time to shift! Never hurt it and I flog it! So again :shrug:.

125ccCrazy

I've never run a govenor since I was a kid, only rod failure I ever has was a 3hp tec that had a sloppy rod to start with....

this h60 had the govenor break and those pieces got slammed all over inside...it would have been better off if they would have removed it LOL...

For a stock to mild engine I still believe in common sense and using the right hand as the govenor but then again thats just me..