Tecumseh H70 Billet connecting Rods!

george3

This is the rod I put in my HM80....it came with a babbit bearing. Its sitting next to the stock rod.
even thow the 7hp and the 8hp matches the blocks are different. You will have to check if nothing hits with bottom bolt rod, I bet it will, thats why the rod is bolted on the bottom different. like I said the stroke on the 7-10 I think is the same, but not 100% sure, check the chart. there could be a journal size difference or the piece that goes in the piston might be larger but I doubt it. 6hp is shorter stroke same as 5 i think. I think the H40-H60 the same stroke different bore. H70-H100 same stroke different bore. I would check the chart to make sure. top and bottom journals as well.

even thow the 7hp and the 8hp matches the blocks are different. You will have to check if nothing hits with bottom bolt rod, I bet it will, thats why the rod is bolted on the bottom different.

No nothing hits that motor is together and running good. The 8HP engines with splined gears have a bigger journal than the ones with straight cut gears they are like the 10HP.The star motor is a 10HP with a small journal crank.The rod I put in my motor is a Tecumseh Star rod.

Theres a Tec H-70 at the junkyard with a HUGE HOLE in the block.. I damn near grabbed anyways.. I was fingering it again this morning.. Debating.. Theres a hole about 12 feet across and the block is blown about in half.. But for some reason the rod journal actually looks good.. :shrug: 3/4 bore and all.. It's an EIC engine, but I don'tt hink that changes the front of the crank of this (particular) block...

Although no two Tecumsehs were anywhere near the same as any other one like it... So thats a huge factor in me not wanting this junk H-70 :laugh:

george3

even thow the 7hp and the 8hp matches the blocks are different. You will have to check if nothing hits with bottom bolt rod, I bet it will, thats why the rod is bolted on the bottom different.

No nothing hits that motor is together and running good. The 8HP engines with splined gears have a bigger journal than the ones with straight cut gears they are like the 10HP.The star motor is a 10HP with a small journal crank.The rod I put in my motor is a Tecumseh Star rod.
what engine did you put the star rod in? the H80 or the H70? H80-H100 same engine. H70 different. the rod may hit in the H70

Let's set the record straight....the original pics of the broken rod were mine and were plagiarized. The broken rod was in a NOS H70 that had been turned up. The failure occurred due to lack of oil when running 5000rpm and above....that is why any engine I own capable of 5000+ rpm get synthetic oil. I have yet to have a failure once using synthetic. That broken rod actually broke at 6800rpm and if you had noticed it was blue due to heat/lack of lubrication due to using standard 30wt oil.
It will not matter what your material your rod is made from if it is not oiling at the crank or wrist pin it will fail!