Tecumseh hh60

i found this Tecumseh hh60 in a shed about 2 mounths ago the house it was at had been aboned scince 2006 my friends no the people who bought it right after the man died in the house and the stuff has been sitting there scince the guy who owns it doesnt want any thing in the house so i was able to get tools tool boxs motor parts this motor and 2 tiller i got them to run later on but back on topic i found this motor in the shed and it wouldn't turn over a full turn so i figured nothing minor and started to tear the head apart well it has a throghn rod and dont know where to find one at does any one i think it will run with a little work plus the rod also is this motor rare or any thing would any one else want it to put it on something it goes on

buckeye

If ya can't find a rod, that tank would prob give ya some spending money.
On your doodle recoil, check with the guy past the hospital off 98 towards downtown. Little lawnmower repair place on the right. He's a good guy. :thumbsup:

Those motors are HH, which means Horizontal shaft, Heavy duty. The block on the HH motors is made out of cast iron, as opposed to the H series engines which are made out of cast aluminum. That one more than likely came on a Troy Bilt or a Wheel Horse roto tiller, they are desirable engines in the tiller crowd, because of their durability. Not really suited well for a minibike application because they are so HEAVY.

How much is the tank worth? you may be surprised. Being that it has a thrown rod and it's a HH motor, your best bet is to part it out on ebay, or just sell it whole for parts. Someone will buy it.

Lets see the PTO side, chances are that it may have a ball bearing side cover.:thumbsup:

Well, if you're asking me I'd fix it. Don't think I 'm too clear on how bad of shape it's in????

If the block isn't damaged then I'd get a rod and piston and fix it up, nice looking motor. Maybe to heavy for a bike but I get it running for something, looks to be all there.

just depends who you might find that needs it?

The right person might give you a bunch, and to others it ain't worth tossing.

IF you don't want it list it up in CL or OldMiniBikes and see what takers you have? Shipping is the killer here on the net.