Tecumseh Performance Help

I have an H70 that I'd like to "hop" up a little and gain a few more hp from and make reliable as well. I'm not looking for some insane engine that is squeezed to the gills and needs a rebuild every other run. I'm looking for some solid (mildish) performance upgrades. I'm using an H70 circa early 70's. Also, where can I purchase a billet rod? Thanks for your help guys...!

There are no billet rods for the H70, unless you make it.

The H70 is known for throwing the stock rod with no mods. Not exactly the motor you want to hop up.

Get an HM80 or 100 and bolt it in.

There are no billet rods for the H70, unless you make it.

The H70 is known for throwing the stock rod with no mods. Not exactly the motor you want to hop up.

Get an HM80 or 100 and bolt it in.
I have a new billet rod for an H70 sitting in my tool box. A member made them a couple years ago.

So why didn't you offer that up when I was asking for one last year?

How about letting someone with a machine shop copy it?
You asked for a motor I thought? And for 150 plus shipping(what I paid)...you can own this gem and copy it. Heck..you can even get it dipped in gold and wear it for a charm. And if you were asking for one last year seriously...I don't sit and read every thread or search to sell stuff. Just whatever is up on the screen when I log on. But since it is his thread....He should have dibs on it. Just sayin...

Yeah the H70 Billet rod was a limited production run that some guy decided to invest in.
I think only 25 or less were actually made & he had people pay pre-orders before making them.
I was lucky enough to receive one to inspect and take pictures of before sending to the original buyer, my friend in Canada.

There wasn't any mention of test runs or revisions, so I don't know how much time was spent on R&D.

I have an H70 that I'd like to "hop" up a little and gain a few more hp from and make reliable as well. I'm not looking for some insane engine that is squeezed to the gills and needs a rebuild every other run. I'm looking for some solid (mildish) performance upgrades.
AFTER you get the rod sorted here are a couple easy performance upgrades.

Disconnect the governor.
Grind .030 off the head.
Assuming the bore is good, new rings.
Adapt a Mikuni to it.

More?
Better flowing exhaust.
Do a bit of smooth grinding and matching in the ports and valve eyebrows.

Kevin