The "Not So Common" Mini Bike Thread

markus

I'm starting to sell off my Mini bike Magazine/book collection, right before I packaged up my last one I sold before it got sent of to Austrailia and lost forever I thought I should probably take another look, snap a photo of anything notable regarding bikes I own or bikes I wanna own.

What I noticed was all the little adds for lesser known companies. Some of these bikes are not like any others, some of them are rebadged bikes built by the major players, or dam good copies!

As I go through the mags I will post up ones that to me are rare/uncommon to see these days and if you have something to add or maybe own one of these gems post up a pic and match an add or article to it :thumbsup:

I do ask that that when/if you post please try to keep it somewhat in line with the thread and actually write the manufacturer or name of bike/parts so when someone does a search it may pull it up to help them out :thumbsup:

markus

Valiant, or should I just say Simplex :smile: you see the earlier bikes with continentals more than you see anything they pumped out in the late 60's and 70's with tecs on them. Most commonly seen of this time period is the 10" wheeled spitfire which I've spotted a few of here in FL.

Donelson Mini Mule Ames , Iowa

This is the only information I have ever seen and I have only seen one other Mini Mule :thumbsup: [info found on Google]

Moves ahead in 1971 Donelson: moving ahead In occuplng its new 20,000 square foot factory building located on 11.5 acres of ground at the corner of East Lincoln Way and Dayton Avenue, Donelson, Inc., completed a carefully - planned move during 1970. The company, established in Marshalltown in 1960, was widely known in the grain handling business as manufacturer of a grain bin accessory spreader. In its new location, Donelson continues to manufacture four models of grain spreaders and a grain cleaner, all with accessory and optional equipment. All are patented products' But with the move, Donelson added a new line of recreational vehicles, Its all - terrain vehicle, the "Swamp Fox" is a six - wheeled fiberglass - bodied amphibian vehicle which will carry five persons or a 600 - pound payload through streams and across lakes, up steep inclines an da cross open fields at speeds up to 35 miles per hour. Controlled by two steering levers, it will turn in its own length and climb slopes up to 45 degrees safely. - ;; . - . ' Production also is beginning on two trail bikes. The Scoot - or - ski is an unusual two - wheel drive bike which can be converted for winter use with the addition of a track to the rear wheels and a ski to the steering front wheel. It will carry two passengers and can be equipped to be licensed for street use. The smaller Mini Mule also is an all - season bike, with an optional ski and track which can be added to. permit winter use; The lightweight bike is designed so that it can be stored in an automobile trunk, to be carried to distant trail sites! Donelson .employes 35 persons at the new plant, but expects to increase the number of production workers as the new product lines grow . Harlan J; Donelson is president and treasurer of the company; E. Ann Donelson is vice president and secretary.

markus

Mini Marcellino Super America sold out of FL. Slywilliz has some of these bikes :thumbsup:

The Di Blasi folding mini bike out of Italy (a similar design from the later 70's and still being made/sold today) was also imported to and sold out of the same general area of FL up until about 5-6 years ago:

My 2000 Di Blasi (now stuffed in the cargo hold of some Doctors airplane :laugh: )

markus

Sportstyl (note the spelling-sportstyle for searching :wink:) Not uber rare but not seen online alot :shrug: Ones I have seen are cool as hell though, and they had some really neat setups :thumbsup:

Sportstyl (note the spelling-sportstyle for searching :wink:) Not uber rare but not seen online alot :shrug: Ones I have seen are cool as hell though, and they had some really neat setups :thumbsup:
I wish there were a better ad for the Mouse I just got. Can't believe they were made 2 hours from me and I've never seen one before!