This might be JR"S first car

Getting about time to start thinking about JR driving.I wasn't much older then he is now when I bought my first car,a 69 impala ragtop (which I still have)
Guy I work with (that I just finished painting his truck) kinda inherited 2 camaros and a buttload of parts.
One is a '75 Z28 and the other is a '74 RS. I can get the Z28 for a paint job (labor only)on the RS but I need to further investigate the rust on it before I decide.Or I can probably buy the RS that is in way better shape for a good deal.
Either way JR will get a chance to restore a car,and have a cool car at least when the roads are salt free.
Anyway he has no idea it will be for him,he'll get some keys on his birthday or christmas

The RS is at my house now,fresh outta a barn where it's been for 15 years.I'll get some pics of the RS later

Last edited:

WLB

Looks complete and relatively rust free. Should be a great project that JR can enjoy for years:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks all

Upon further investigation this ones (Z28) pretty shot,too much rust to mess with
going to pull the engine,trans and wheels and anything else worth keeping.
Talked to the owner and we're getting the RS for a paint job on another truck he has.
I helped him load that one(was in a garage for years) so I know the condition
previous owner was restoring it,no rust,all brand new interior,just needs an engine,trans,(from the Z)the front clip put back on and a paint job.
He said he'd give it to my boy for free but I said I'd at least paint his truck :biggrin:
might go get it today or tomorrow

That would be a cool first car. That year camaro is all by itself. 1970-1973 rear glass and New style front and rear. A friend of mine in school had a gold and black stripped Z28 with the high hp350 in it. Trevor will be the cool one at school with that ride all done up the Yoop style. Very nice find. I have always wanted to get another 1972 RS split bumper front-end camaro.

yeah rick , it's an LT,was told it's a '75,no title yet she's still looking for it
the RS is a '74,picking that up tomorrow
did they come stock with finned aluminum valve covers?
it's got some cool ones on it with no visible markings on them

Last edited:
Those valve cover look kinda like old Weiland ones.Pull one off and see if a GM #is stamped on underside. 1974 was the only year to have that style back glass. 1975 rear glass wraps around to the rear sails. The LT1 350 have aluminum valve covers and aluminum intake. I am Chevy guy really. The motors are cheaper to work on and parts interchange. Old Chevy motors are the best. I like Ford trucks better.

Just unloaded the RS,much nicer car.guess I had the years mixed up. Have to go through it and see what parts aren't there.There is 2 20ft trailers loaded with used and brand new parts i need to dig through.He's keeping the engine that's in it but I can't complain getting the rest of it and the Z for basically free.It's got brand new seats,carpet,gas tank,radiator,fenders and to much more to list.