This might be JR"S first car

Just picked up the last load of parts and found out a little bit of the history of the car.It's a '76 and the guy we got it from bought it new right here in the town we live in,which means JR will be the second owner.Dug through some of the paperwork in the trunk and found the owners manual along with the build sheet.
The car is loaded,tilt,air,cruise,power windows,rear defogger just to name a few
Can't wait to see JR''s face when he opens up a present with the title and keys in it next month

actually drove the RS last weekend just down our road and back.Started cleaning up the engine outta the Z.Swapping out the engines this weekend.Trying to get it so he can drive it on his birthday.
Picked up another load of parts today,at least 2 more loads to go.
Better yet we got the title.
JR's been asking if the Z-28 could be his first car,kinda just keep telling him I'm not sure what the guy wants to do with it yet.
Good thing his birthdays coming quick,hard to keep it a secret

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

sat down in front of the TV the other night with the wife. She was already watching a show, turned out to be Transformers (the first one). I saw that yeller Camaro, the Bumble Bee, and immediately thought of Yoop Jr. A few years back he did the Bumble Bee bike in the buildoff! For a moment I found a bit of irony in all of it!
You have your work cut out for you, but how nice to have such a selection of parts! have fun!

What a score. That fan shroud in the back of the truck looks like it is the one for the 4 core radiator. Did you happen to get a good radiator support with it. If you did there should be a cut out panel to run the bigger(wider)4 core radiator. This reminds me of the mother load of 67-69 camaro and parts that was found on gas monkey garage.

For some reason I don't think you were watching Transformers for the Camaro Eric

Just glanced in the boxes as I unloaded them.I'll get a good look later

Your moving right along there Todd. Those valve covers cleaned up nice. I might have an old Holley 650 spread bore for ya if that carb don't work out for ya.