This Weekend's Find

My wife and I had a nice road trip to Seattle this weekend to spend some time w/our oldest boy. On the way up I remembered seeing a CL ad a few weeks ago for a Cooper Clipper lawn mower for sale in Marysville, Wash., which is about forty miles beyond our destination. I looked again and the ad was still up so I called and then went and got it. It's exactly like the one my dad had when I was a boy. The B&S model 5S engine is dated March, 1952. It started on the second pull. My dad's mower was parked sometime in the '60s when he got a new rotary mower, and then met its end in my 9th grade shop class. I've wanted a cast-iron B&S for a long time and was glad to find this one.

Out of the blue I got a pm from bandit 40, aka Mark Fair, saying he has a spare fan shroud and some kind of aluminum pull start mechanism that might fit the old B&S and would I like to have them? A few bucks for shipping and it's on my table. One more fine example of the great people here at OldMiniBikes. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Is that a Fairbanks-Morse starter shroud with the rare tall rubber grip that fits the WB motors? Polished, it would look great in a display cabinet. Very nice piece.

Out of the blue I got a pm from bandit 40, aka Mark Fair, saying he has a spare fan shroud and some kind of aluminum pull start mechanism that might fit the old B&S and would I like to have them? A few bucks for shipping and it's on my table. One more fine example of the great people here at OldMiniBikes. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Mark is one of the good guys! That's the cool recoil with the fist lifting the weight....awesome mower.