This winter's project

Well after camping in the van for a couple years we've decided to go a little bigger.The van is cool and fine for 2 of us but gets a little cramped with the whole family especially on the longer extended stays with a lot of gear.We'll still keep it for now.Been looking for something that met our 3 priorities, vintage,unique and in decent shape.
Ended up bringing this one home,1978 GMC Palm Beach 26 ft, front wheel drive( based on the olds tornado).It's the only motorhome built by a major automotive company.Only has 55,000 miles on it and runs and drives great.All self contained ,fridge ,shower,stovetop,6000 watt generator,2 ac units plenty of seating and places to sleep.The couch on the drivers side turns into bunks,seating area in the rear converts into a full bed and table with seats converts also.Everything works,needs some love but nothing we can't handle.Looking forward to campin' at Symco next year for a few days.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
It does have the air ride in the rear Steve.The guy we got it from replaced the original 2 bag system with the newer 4 bag system, rides nice.

403 Oldsmobile gasser, the earlier years had the 455 ,gets better mileage than the van with the 460

Last edited:
Nice indeed , I believe that is based after the Revcon , originally designed in 1968 , they were Hi-End units back in the day !

Congratulations Yoop..!

The GMC's are a very cool motorhome, with imo a futuristic look.

Yours looks in nice shape too.

Y'all enjoy it....!

I spy WI Collector Tags:detective:

Those motorhomes are really cool. That one looks nice and clean, Mondello makes some performance engine parts for those:thumbsup:

Nice one Todd, Karen is right you should come down to Windber :thumbsup:
Yeah...you could come on down, and Karen could make the patterns while you were there ! (she did that for my trike seat..:laugh:)

Although...I really do like the interior...it just completes 'the vintage look'.

Irregardless, we'd like to see y'all make the Windber trip some time anyway Yoop..!

I like the interior too,but the fabric is worn and id kinda "picky",just doesn't feel too good on the butt.
No matter how we do the interior we are probably going to keep it green.Just doing the upholstery and the little bit of carpet up front,the
cabinets and the rest will clean up good.