Timmy's Fleet Update

I had the Purple Azusa's wheels powdercoated chrome.
The Ruttman I got from InjunTom is coming along.
The experiment with pocket bike wheels on the Grand Prix is running into difficulties,so I might just put 5" wheels on it.
Just a little peek into The Skunkworks.

The rear sprocket just will not line up with the clutch. I purchased a 60t #35 sprocket from GoKartGalaxy and drilled the holes to fit the pocket bike wheel. Now,the axles are only 10mm instead of 5/8",so you need bushings to make up the space. The axle holes in the rear of the Grand Prix frame are oval,so that may be a factor in alignment. When you install the bushings,you have to have 10mm spacers as well. I am considering putting the wheel into a frame with a regular 5/8" round hole,just to see if that is the problem. I am also wondering if the sprocket is,actually,a #35. What are the measurements between teeth of a #35 sprocket? It's close,but it just keeps spitting off the chain. Thanks for any advice.

buckeye

You can't clear over the chrome pc. Dulls it.
But, hey, with pc you don't need no clear.

Nice stable of bikes Tim.:thumbsup:

Love the Ruttman. Hated to see it go because it's the only Ruttman I've ever had and they don't popup too often here. The only way I'm going to get down to 50 keepers is to let some cool ones go...

One good thing about letting some go is seeing someone else build it and get to see it done. I always put the pics with the before pics in my "old bikes" file.

I put pocketbike wheels on my current project and had to buy the correct sprocket which was a 25 pitch, then cut off the teeth and weld on a #35 sprocket I cut the outside out of.

Thanks for the kind words and tech help,everyone. I am considering putting one of my 212 Predators on the Grand Prix,then getting real wheels and tires. I don't think the pocket bike wheels will hold up to 7 hp. I'm diggin' the Azusalite 5" wheels. Do I need the brake platform to install a drum sprocket?

The reason I'm changing engines on the GP is because I have been asked to build a beginner bike for my brother's grandkids. I want to use my purple Azusa,or just get another new frame,because I can get replacement parts for when it gets crashed (and it will). Then it's off to Harbor Freight for a new 79cc Predator-and I'll leave the governor on. That should be enough to give the young'uns a fairly fun ride to learn on. Their father already has a stable of quads,so we're going to seriously rearrange some earth. It will be a while before this bike actually gets built,though. But I really want to make the GP a fast custom build. And all my other bikes are older vintage models,so the kids aren't gonna touch those.