To bore a stock carb or not?!

I bet it would run anywhere from $40 to $60 an hour for a local shop to bore it. Just buy one and keep your stock carb for projects or parts. Or, you could sell it for $20 to offset the price of the new carb.

What would be more beneficial: Black Mamba Jr cam or Dover Cheater/Holey Moses carb? Eventually both will happen but just wondering.

I would go carb first. You won't get as much out of the cam if you're not dumping more fuel and air into the cylinder. There is not a how-to on boring the carb, and I've never done it, so I guess I really shouldn't say how easy it is. The tools are like heavy duty brushes. They self-center, so you don't need anything more than a drill, from what I can gather. This is a 16mm hone. I think you'd want a 19mm, but I'm not sure.

5 8" 16mm Flexhone Flex Hone Lifter Bore 180 Grit | eBay

I'm sure someone can chime in with more information. You'll need to totally disassemble the carb to do this. You'll learn a lot from it, I'm sure. Why not make a how-to thread for the rest of us?

rmm727

Amazing how in the third post of this thread, I told you that you could buy the tool and do it yourself for $15 and 2 pages later, here we are again. :doah:

I'd say the exact opposite. I'd purchase the cam first. You'll see a nice power curve with the black mamba jr. A larger carb may make more power, but on a heavier kart, the smaller carb may help low to mid range. Just my .02.....

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I really don't think a carb that needs the long adapter will fit inside my frame even with a different filter. So I'm really leaning towards any options using the original mounting area.