Tom Thumb Frame Wanted

Oldsalt

dbone
Whatja gonna use for an engine? I acquired a 7.5 HP single cylinder air cooled outboard motor and tore the engine off and decided that, yes indeed, it can be mounted in a Tom Thumb frame. Runs good and has a spark advance! In any case the motor can't be very tall. That is why the original motor in a Tom Thumb was a tiny Ohlsen-Rice two stroke. After a long stent of looking at eBay I came to the conclusion that there are far too many people welling to pay a lot more money than I. $300 to$400 for a really nice one was not uncommon. I am sure that I'm going to build one but absolutely no way to start until sometime next winter.

Last edited:
I gave away a brand new 1 HP Olsen & Rice engine about 3 years ago this one had the fuel tank on the engine and ran just great I gave it to a guy into powered skate boards.
When I had my Store in Long Beach a man came in with a mini bike that was 1/4 of the size of the Tom Thumb and I watched him ride it talk about being flexible and crazy this guy was.

The first pic of the classic 'Tom Thumb' build is not mine, but whoever is building it obviously has it down pat...sweeeeeeet.

I usually cheat by stripping the engine and wheels from a Blata clone, and building up from there...