Tony Stewart Incident

tony was way too high in the groove..-done.
( altho theres an excellent point about the driver Right before him who also almost hits ward..he wasnt As high in the groove,but he was up there )
ward was way too stupid to even be thinking about getting out of his car and charging a moving sprint car...-done.
so thats that..tragic stupidity on both parts.

so that leaves just a few questions..
like,whos the guy i originally agreed with on this topic and why Did he join this forum...?

and Boomstick,thats such a random thought you had there and yet it seems so valid....thats a good observation.

Only you all can turn a tragic incident into a stupid forum argument:doah:. Leave it to the "REAL" officials to determine the truth.:hammer: It is sad and tragic and should be lesson for the future racers and current.
I agree the arguing is stupid, there are those who were there and the truth will be revealed after they look carefully and objectively at what happened. It was a seemingly senseless tragedy and a young man lost his life, I hope it will serve as a lesson in the future and things will get safer in what already is a dangerous sport.:thumbsup:

Knowing several people who race, it gets a little annoying when a big-time hot-shot comes down & takes the chump change the other racers need. Seriously. The dude is a multi-millionaire, and he's racing against what, 20yro's trying to get a start in the sport that actually kind of rely on that little bit of help from their winnings to make it further? That would be like Jerry Miculek running a USPSA course against minor leaguers & taking their winnings (Jerry is a very honest & humble man, & has far more class than to do that) that they rely on.

Morally, I don't blame the unfortunate soul who got hit, but he really did make a hasty, and ultimately lethal decision to hop out of his car.

So in summation, I don't blame the kid for being really pissed, but he did make a very big mistake, and that is on him.

On a professional level, people like Tony Stewart should just stay away from races that are far below his league. It keeps the feeling of resentment away, and God forbidding he runs into a driver that is exceptionally talented, could save his career. What if he had a losing streak against some kid in a dirt car? There goes his career.
Those small time track operators love to have Stewart show up, because it greatly increases ticket sales. And the racers are all hot to be "the guy that beat Tony Stewart". So it's no wonder there are so many wrecks when Stewart is there. No doubt there is some real animosity for Stewart from many of the other drivers. One driver has already commented that he could easily see Ward on the track and avoid him, and said Stewart should have been able to do the same. That kind of testimony won't help Stewart in court.

Big time drivers have been racing small tracks forever, with all of the small-time driver animosity and bigger ticket sales that go along with that.
So now because two guys made a huge mistake, big name drivers can't race small tracks?
To me this is not a good solution, in fact it sounds pretty asinine. :shrug:

Big time drivers have been racing small tracks forever, with all of the small-time driver animosity and bigger ticket sales that go along with that.
So now because two guys made a huge mistake, big name drivers can't race small tracks?
To me this is not a good solution, in fact it sounds pretty asinine. :shrug:
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that Tony Stewart is a sandbagging asswipe when he does race. That's because he can afford the absolute best of everything & then grabs the winnings & runs home. To him that's chump change, that barely buys him a coffee & 12ct carton of donuts.

Do any of you really think some 20yro. is going to have the money to build the car that Stewart would? Hell. no. Is that kid going to have the experience? Nope!

It comes down to professionalism, nothing more.

Last edited:
Do you know how much a sprint car costs to run a night ? There are no weekend guys running a v8 sprint. These are all professional drivers.

If I had unlimited funds and raced mini sprints against others is that unfair ? I've watched big name guys race against local guys and get there ass whipped.

CarPlayLB

Let's think about a young man trying to make a name for himself and get the attention of team owner/racer like Tony Stewart. Ward may have thought this could be the attention he needed to be financed to the next level.

Let's think about a young man trying to make a name for himself and get the attention of team owner/racer like Tony Stewart. Ward may have thought this could be the attention he needed to be financed to the next level.
Not even close I dont understand most of you guys.

Unless you have raced or have been to dirt track races then you have no clue how it is.

Its very easy kid got out of car in the middle of a race track with very fast machines designed to slide left not turn left.

CarPlayLB

Not even close I dont understand most of you guys.

Unless you have raced or have been to dirt track races then you have no clue how it is.

Its very easy kid got out of car in the middle of a race track with very fast machines designed to slide left not turn left.
My bad...unlike you, I don't have a psychic or clairvoyant on my staff! So you say you know what the kid was thinking?...I bet that comes up on the tarot cards too? ...or did ya roll the bones?

I have worked on winged car, friends with the owner, been to the races on Friday nights, and Saturday nights, but apparently I am not as educated as you! I have a very low IQ too! Show us the way!
My apologies for "naive" quotes (sorry 'bout them big words, just insert "clueless" for "naive")

One of the best ways to learn more about racing, is for a local track guy to run against some big guns.You can learn alot racing with them. Set ups, lines to run, ect. You dont learn alot racing the same cars over and over every week.As bad as this is, people will learn some good and bad.

If you watch this video from :07 to :10 which has been slowed down, you can clearly see there was a body under Tony's right rear tire which caused his car to kick sideways into Kevin Ward and hit him. Then with two bodies under it went sideways the other way.
:shrug:
Did anybody else notice that Ward grabbed Tony's wing on his car:shrug: It was around the 11 second mark:eek:ut:

T-Town Mini

Update:

Grand Jury finds no fault on the part of Tony Stewart and he will not face any criminal charges in the accident.

Ward was found to have been under the influence of Marijuana, however.