tote gote in Mass, with strange 11hp tec

gbones

ooohhhh. i dont know much about much. i guess im gonna have to do some searching on here to see how this shaft drive works.

The worm drives did work well and were very quiet compared to the chain drive. That is a 780 Nova, the last model built '68 to '70. My concern with this gote is the new clutch. The original Bonham clutch was built so it could be put on the motor both ways, with the clutch closing towards the motor or the clutch closing away from the motor. All other belt clutches close towards the motor. The Nova was designed for the clutch to close away from the motor. All nova's that I have seen with after market clutches loose efficiency when the belt twists from the clutch plates moving in opposite directions.

I guess it's whats called engineering, Built as designed on purpose and one of the best Tote Goats . That climb-a-way clutch is simple in design and is long lasting in performance.
Steve :scooter:

I guess it's whats called engineering, Built as designed on purpose and one of the best Tote Goats . That climb-a-way clutch is simple in design and is long lasting in performance.
When I found my '63 503, it had been sitting out in a shed, with a leaky roof for years, it was a rust bucket. The Climb-away clutch was a mass of rust. Soaked it in vinegar for a few days, cleaned it up with a scotch-bright pad, and it worked like the day it was first made. Never had a single problem with it.

I love simple things that work.

I had to drive back 20 mile across Portland, Oregon on a friday night to get the missing clutch, but it was worth the trip. Sold that Gote for a nice profit but have bought other machines since then.
That one looks like a great deal for a Nova shaft drive. They are keepers

jeep4me

It also looks like the original twist grip setup isnt being used. So he probably cut off that end of the handle bar and welded on a solid piece. That original internal twist action really had the judges stumped when I showed mine in Ann Arbor.