Trail Horse Resto-Mod

First shot at this so feel free to chime in. Not sure how resto or mod to go but there's a lot of room on this mini for engine so we'll see. It's a 5HP Tec on it now but I have others including a 6.5 Predator, and I'm wondering how big of an engine will fit since I'm an adult (in size and age anyway)190 lbs.
I would like to keep the 2 speed jackshaft too.
photo 3-22.JPG photo 2-29.JPG photo 1-39.JPG

Just figured out that the bracket the PO used to hold carb return spring must have been a clutch guard bracket. Recognized it from some old pics here where some Trail Horses had the guard missing.
Man those old plastic guards must have broken easily.
I read on here that they are impossible to find but anyone have one to sell? I've done some mold making/glass work so it's possible I could reproduce some but an original would save some time, i would even go for a cracked messed up one to pull a mold off of.
Got an air cleaner for it too.
Should re-do that glob of JB weld return spring holder photo 1-50.JPG photo 2-40.JPG photo 3-30.JPG

I have a close cousin to your bike.........trail blazer, with the two speed jack shaft. Original condition but of course, no clutch cover. I am looking forward to getting the two speed set up going, I never had one. Going to be ordering a new two sprocket clutch from OldMiniBikes.