trailflite mtd

I have a old mtd trail flite minibike yellow 5h/p model with lights why is it so hard to find parts is this a rare minibike I had this model when I was a kid came across a rollig frame a while back and decided to restore . did realize it would be so hard to find parts. is this a rare item mike

capguncowboy

Not that this particular bike is rare, but it's hard to find parts for just about any bike. Most of these bikes were bought for kids, and a lot of kids would wreck the bike and bend up the fenders, clutch covers, and gas tanks. So, being kids, they'd remove the busted parts and they'd end up in the garbage. 40+ years later, most of the good parts have ended up either hidden in a barn or garage on a bike somewhere, or have already found new homes on restored bikes or restoration projects.

That being said, MTD bikes seen to pop up pretty often, but some parts are harder to find than others. What parts are you looking for?

I have most of the parts jusy rusty handle bars rims and shock springs fenders did not realize how expensive it is to rechrome so im keeping my eye open for original replacement parts have not seen any yet

sorry for bothering you again could not find what category is it listed under looked under motorcycle ,bikes ,toys ,sporting,rvs, collectables,garage sales, nothing seen thanks mike