Trailhorse colors

I am redoing a Trailhorse and may go with an original color. Does anyone know what the colors were originally?I don't care if it was original to the specific model but was curious of the options. I will post links when the snow that is encrusting the frame melts.:no:

markus

I am redoing a Trailhorse and may go with an original color. Does anyone know what the colors were originally?I don't care if it was original to the specific model but was curious of the options. I will post links when the snow that is encrusting the frame melts.:no:

I been searching photo's over the last few days trying to pick something for my trail blazer as well:

If you look at the brochures posted, TH liked to paint EVERYTHING one color, engine and all unless it was a pimped out model. I'm guessing those were the first 1969 models/brochures?

Brakes

Not to hijack the thread but can you post pictures of the rear brake setup?

How about yellow, or that light blue?

Thanks
frankster

Last edited:
I will try to dig it out and get some pics. I am not sure if the snow is icy or slushy where it is...lol. Might take a couple of days.

Just tossed it together as a fun rider.... The quick Mcguyver home made left side brake mount is perfect. It allowed me to run the jackshaft. I just used 2 10t sprockets. Not for any gearing but to shorten the chain distance. I had issues on another Trailhorse throwing chains and the jackshaft solves that problem. I still need to add a clutch/chain cover but I just make them out of heavy duty angle iron. I have never found a red I liked. And the pictures make these look a bit orangish I think. But I really like the red this is. I just grabbed some red paint from Harbor Freight that is used for painting car brakes...But it works..I tossed on one of the Vpowerequipment motors I got running and the thing runs great. New bushings and bearings where needed. The front tire is dry rotted but has a tube so who cares....lol. I need to toss on some cheap fenders and a different seat and then on to the next project. The Super Bronc...

buckeye

Looks great Randy. I like the color.

Awesome!

Put some duct tape on that seat will ya?:laugh:

Or have your wife sew ya a real cute pink cover for it. :laugh: