unknown bronze color motor

Anyone have a clue to the brand of this bronze color motor and horsepower maybe the year ? It has no plate or marking, I bought it at a swap meet in Flint michigan years ago and put it on the shelf and now would like to get it running. It look like a Briggs kinda but not the rewind plate, maybe a Clinton ot a Reo :confused::confused::confused:

I known Chrysler made outboards , did they make small lawn engines. If someone can figure it out I have a black frame Rupp econocycle I would like to put it on. :scooter:

delray

the very early tecumseh's did use that type of recoils and the recoil cover does have that tecumseh look,but the rest of it? need some better pictures of it. i wonder if it is a lauson? before they turn into a tecumseh?

Lawson H series?
Yup.. I've got one in the identical color with the Lauson tag still on it.. Just the blower housing..

the very early tecumseh's did use that type of recoils and the recoil cover does have that tecumseh look,but the rest of it? need some better pictures of it. i wonder if it is a lauson? before they turn into a tecumseh?
Yup...

Yeah that's a Lauson or early Tecumseh.
:thumbsup:

Here's a few pics of that style recoil on a 2 stroke also:

Got to be Lauson or Tecumseh.

after KC57 suggestion i found a site that does indicate it may be a lauson or early tecumseh, it has no tag but a few numbers stamped on the block so i'll drag it out as it also had a chart so maybe I can figure the horsepower maybe a four horse. thanks all for the suggestions, it probably been on my shelf for at least ten years be great to get it running. :scooter:

most are gonna be 2.5 3 horse area.. It would have had an aluminum tag, just like a Tecumseh engine has, riveted to the side of the blower housing.. Facing you, it would be left hand side, right on the side where you'd see it... There's probably two small holes, where an aluminum identification tag would have been., with whatever..

Lauson model H30 ........

I went on smokstak - cool site and I agree it must be a old lauson 3 hp, i've yet to see that hood off the head above the flywheel and yes it looks factory to me