Vacationing in Tennessee Pay's Off

jeep4me

Just got back from a family vacation in Tennessee. We went to Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains. Our whole family had a blast. Such beautiful country.

Before we left Michigan, Countstevula asked me if I had checked craigslist for minibikes. Actually, it didn't even cross my mind. So I did. And I found this Sears big tired minibike. I was suprised that it was still for sale, it was posted on craigslist for almost 3 weeks before I saw it. Guess I just lucked out.

It was just under an hour away from where we would be staying in Tennessee and I thought I could swing over and pick it up the nite before we came home. Unfortunatley, the vehicle we took on the trip didn't have a hitch so I couldn't do that. But, Paul H lives in Alabama and is coming up to Michigan in May and after talking to him, he has offered to pick it up on his way up....I couldn't be more thankful:thumbsup:.....really, this is a huge favor I'm asking of him. And he's a great guy for doing it.

Anyway, the guy who owns it said he would hold on to it (after I sent him the money, which I did while I was in Tennessee) for as long as I needed. His parents bought this bike for him new when he was 11, he's now 53. He said it's all original and in great condition. He did say that the handlebars were modified for some reason when he was a kid, but he wasn't sure why. He even has the original manual that came with it. He said he had it running a couple years ago and was riding it around his yard.

I'm looking forward to next month when Paul comes up, not only to get this bike, but to see Paul as well.

Brooklyn Bob

Sounds like you had fun on vacation. Spending time with family is what it is all about. That is heavy duty looking machine you picked up. Great score!

Just tell Paul to stop in Ohio and drop it off.. I will help you with your mini bike addiction and save you the trouble from selling everything off in 2 months :thumbsup:

Nice fat tire find. We run around down there on motorcycles. If you like old bikes, check out wheels through time museum in Maggie valley.

jeep4me

Thanks everybody.

I'm fortunate that the guy who has it is willing to hold it for me and that Paul H is willing to stop by and grab it for me.

I thought about leaving early when I go to Windber and swinging down and around that way to grab it. It would add an extra 7hrs to my trip, but I think it would be worth it. I've driven farther then that for other minibikes.

Leathernun..I gave Paul specific instructions NOT to stop by your place on the way up. I'll pay him extra gas money to completely drive around OHIO:laugh:

jeep4me

Steve that is a nice bike,and if the money is right I could swing into ohio and leave it with L-nun!Taking offers!:deal:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...... change of plans...... I'll go back and get it myself. :laugh:

So much for Southern Hospitality!:doah:

Damn Steve...You have all the MI big tire bikes, go on vac and find one of the rarest Ropers out there:shrug:You really need to be playing the lottery. Grab bar, both guards...a huge +. Great score, congrats :thumbsup: