Video of my Minibike track

It's a 1/10 mile track meaning that 10 times around is a mile clocked with my CT70. There is a section in the back where there is a small oval track within the main track that is fun to zip around. You can really get some speed around the berms, and with 2 or 3 guys on fast bikes it can get really competitive.

This is a video of my niece riding her Cat 300X with a throttle limited Briggs 2hp. I'm riding behind her with one hand on the bars of a Columbia Minibike

I plan to add more height to the existing berms, and recently brought in 2 transfer loads of dirt to build a hill to climb in my yard. Climbing hills is a blast when you a have a big motor and really low jackshaft gearing. My Bonanza BC1000 has climbed hills 10 ft high and nearly straight up and down. It has climbed hills approx 20 ft high and very steep. The key to it is the gearing. The lower gearing also works quite well on this track with it's short, tight sections.

YouTube - Minibike Track

that track is a lot fun. :thumbsup:

i want to take my DB out on the roads by your house. there's all sorts of space to go balls out there.

I have the parts build several "yard bikes" as I'll call them that will be total beaters with big motors and jackshafts. They will all have jackshafts and geared for the track and for climbing. There are a couple OHV Tecumsehs, a couple Robin clones, a Honda 5hp or two in the pile as well as some Cat, Fox, Trail Horse, etc. frames to build on.

Once done we'll be able to have 5 or 6 people racing at once.

that track is a lot fun. :thumbsup:

i want to take my DB out on the roads by your house. there's all sorts of space to go balls out there.
Yeah, there's actually quite a bit of low traffic pavement in my rural neighborhood with hardly ever a cop in the area.

I'm also a block from the trail that leads to the river. Didn't we ride down there? Theres a lot of long dirt roads down there, and one area with a bunch of hills. There's one hill down there that has to be 50-60 ft high that I haven't conquered yet. I got a running start at it a couple times with my hopped up Boonie, and get to a point about 3/4 way up where the tire just spins, and I have to come back down. Someday I'll get to the top of it on something...

Yeah, there's actually quite a bit of low traffic pavement in my rural neighborhood with hardly ever a cop in the area.

I'm also a block from the trail that leads to the river. Didn't we ride down there? Theres a lot of long dirt roads down there, and one area with a bunch of hills. There's one hill down there that has to be 50-60 ft high that I haven't conquered yet. I got a running start at it a couple times with my hopped up Boonie, and get to a point about 3/4 way up where the tire just spins, and I have to come back down. Someday I'll get to the top of it on something...
my DB is basically set up for drag now and you can't just ride around on it. the red frame will be good for riding around with a modded 5hp Briggs in it. it's got a slick on the rear so taking it on the trails around there will suck. my DB with a regular clutch (from the red frame/Briggs combo) would do fine.

Right in the area near the shed with the stop sign is a hairpin turn and a berm. You can see a small pile of dirt there....now there's 4 dump truck loads of dirt right there that you have to go around on that turn. That's where my climbing hill will be.