Vintage open Arco? unknown

red baron

IMG_0764.JPG Thank you gentlemen. The foot pegs on this frame are very short and very bent and the motor wide. After a few measurements I discovered one side not only looked shorter but was indeed an inch or so shorter than the other side. I straightened the tubing out the best I could and welded on tubing to extend both sides to 6". They are a little crooked but the peg rubbers will cover that right up..

Last edited:

red baron

I couldn't do it! I got a friend to help me out and we cut out the old tube and put in a new one. It was as tricky to do as I thought. We welded in some temporary bracing and cut out the old tube. The frame twisted even though we braced it. after 3 hours of measuring head scratching and welding we had it back together. IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0767.JPG

Last edited:

red baron

IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0773.JPG
I got the everything welded up and as cleaned up as I think it needs to be. I was going to grind and polish the welds but I'm out of time. I'd bet I put 30 hours into this bike this week and I have other projects and a growing honey do list. It's off to powder tomorrow! I'll be able to putter with the motor, chain guard and gas tank while it's away. I have to come up with a cool muffler and I welcome any ideas any of you have because I've got nothing! I know I don't want an off the shelf muffler. sorry for the multiple posts but I didn't want to cram too many pictures in one post.

Last edited:
Hey, you really did a great job on the foot pegs. I know what you mean on the hours spent on a "simple" task like a mini bike...[emoji23][emoji23]

Looking forward to the final product!!

Pat

red baron

I got my frame back and I can't tell you how disappointed I am because the defects in the frame are too many to count. I expected to have my "worked on" areas somewhat botched but what's surprising is the majority of them are where I didn't touch the frame. I had my day of regret but the show goes on and lessons learned. I have a much better idea of what powder will cover up, pretty much nothing. I think once I have it fully assembled there will be enough going to distract from how bad the frame really is. I'm not sure about the kart racing silencer, there's nothing in there you know. How can I terrorize the country side if our constables can hear me coming 2 miles away? I also dislike the K&N style air filters so I'm going to copy the one off the '47 Cushman. IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0830.JPG The powder coat is pretty cool and really reacts to light

I got my frame back and I can't tell you how disappointed I am because the defects in the frame are too many to count. I expected to have my "worked on" areas somewhat botched but what's surprising is the majority of them are where I didn't touch the frame. I had my day of regret but the show goes on and lessons learned. I have a much better idea of what powder will cover up, pretty much nothing. I think once I have it fully assembled there will be enough going to distract from how bad the frame really is. I'm not sure about the kart racing silencer, there's nothing in there you know. How can I terrorize the country side if our constables can hear me coming 2 miles away? I also dislike the K&N style air filters so I'm going to copy the one off the '47 Cushman. View attachment 104090 View attachment 104094 View attachment 104095 The powder coat is pretty cool and really reacts to light
Nice color choice. I hope to do a Minibike someday with a very similar green color. Sometimes you are your own biggest critic when it comes to in perfections. The frame looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color and frame turned out really nice...you have to take solace that you took another man's reject and brought it back to life. My Lil Indian from last year was a mess and despite all the filling and fixing, it still had it's rough spots. Even my bike this year has a few problems that hours of sanding couldn't get out. Be proud of that little baby....it'll turn heads.:thumbsup:

red baron

Color and frame turned out really nice...you have to take solace that you took another man's reject and brought it back to life. My Lil Indian from last year was a mess and despite all the filling and fixing, it still had it's rough spots. Even my bike this year has a few problems that hours of sanding couldn't get out. Be proud of that little baby....it'll turn heads.:thumbsup:
Thank you guys. I got it out in the sunlight yesterday and it sure does come alive. I can't capture it in photos for some reason