vwfan79 Open Class Go Devil

looks nice, got that new clutch material in too, two different kinds, soon as the weather clears I will be testing it, with various levels of aggressiveness, if it stands up to a typically modded motor

vwfan79

This bike will be getting that clutch, the motor as mentioned has larger valves and around .340 lift. We will see how it holds up.

Looks like a wheelie popper with that rear sprocket!! Wear a helmet bro... And a pillow tied to your azzzz. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

vwfan79

Looks like a wheelie popper with that rear sprocket!! Wear a helmet bro... And a pillow tied to your azzzz. Lol

Actually Pat it's geared at 4.5:1 so front wheel should stay down and I always wear a helmet. Can't afford to lose any more brain cells :D

marc 1

Your hard work is paying off! :thumbsup: I like how the silvers match! Are you using the same silver on all your "silver".

vwfan79

Your hard work is paying off! :thumbsup: I like how the silvers match! Are you using the same silver on all your "silver".
Thank you, ya I actually painted the engine last summer and had enough left over for this years project.

Well I tried to make a seat today, went and bought some foam and marine vinyl. It turned out alright for my first try, I have enough material for 1 or 2 more so may try again and save this seat as a back up.

Last edited:
Hey Nick, you can use an orbital sander to round off the edges and shape the seat foam. Works really good. Seat looks good and every time you make one it gets better.

vwfan79

Hey Nick, you can use an orbital sander to round off the edges and shape the seat foam. Works really good. Seat looks good and every time you make one it gets better.

Thanks Pat, I used an electric knife to cut the foam but never thought about a sander to fine tune it.

vwfan79

Got some more work done, got the motor put together and mounted. The clutch is setup but need to double check the video to make sure I adjusted it right. Got all the chain cut and put on, not happy with the tension or lack of on the front chain so gotta work on that. Still got some small things to finish up like mount the seat, tinker with the front chain and make a clutch guard (maybe).

vwfan79

No new pictures but I did mount the seat and take it for a ride. I made it down the road once and on the way back started having clutch issues. I will say when the clutch was working this motor is a beast.