Wanted: Allis-Chalmers Mini Bike

We are hunting for an Allis Chalmers mini bike made late 60's? or early 70's. And any information on them. We use to have one when we were kids and sold it when we outgrew it! Had a Briggs engine, rear shocks, front springs on forks, fuel tank made in rear frame under seat. Like this picture if it works?

Thank you

We also collect AC Tractors, equipment and Terra Tiger (ATVs) If you have any for sell let us know.

Allis Chalmers Mini Bike

I have an all original very well used Allis Chalmers mini bike. It has all decals and covers. The foam in the seat is gone (ants made it their home), board still there though. I would be interested in selling it if the price is right. I can email pictures if interested. Thanks...

Last edited:
They were made by Gilson, also look for a Montgomery wards. I have four, two ACs, a Wards and a Gilson. All use the same frame, although you could get either six inch aluminum wheels or ten inch spoked wheels (the swing arm and forks are longer on the spoked models.) I've seen the AC bikes with both style of wheels, but both of mine have the spoked ones. Sorry though, not for sale.

Allis Chalmers Mini Bike update

I failed to mention that it does not run and will need to be restored. I am in Wichita Ks

Please give me your email and I will send the pictures. I do not know how to post them into the forum without uploading them to a different site and then linking them.

Thanks CJ

Continued...

It needs to have the motor redone (has not been ran in probably 10-15 years), new tires(maybe), new chain (rusted), new throttle cable, new seat, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

Oldsalt

We are hunting for an Allis Chalmers mini bike made late 60's? or early 70's. And any information on them. We use to have one when we were kids and sold it when we outgrew it! Had a Briggs engine, rear shocks, front springs on forks, fuel tank made in rear frame under seat. Like this picture if it works?

Thank you

We also collect AC Tractors, equipment and Terra Tiger (ATVs) If you have any for sell let us know.
Boy am I glad to hear Allis-Chalmers didn't manufacture the mini bikes themselves. I can just imagine 200 pound cast iron forks and a diesel engine with a starting motor. You mentioned that you collect Allis-Chalmers tractors. I have three books for them. One is for a WD wheel tractor. Another is a dealer's parts book for AD-3 and AD-4 motor graders. The third is a parts list for a HD 21A track layer. All are in nice shape...do you want them?