well now it wont start.

DaddyJohn

Go ahead and tear down the engine; remove the piston, connecting rod and crankshaft. Take pics of the bearing surfaces on the connecting rod, rod cap and crank journal. That's where you're going to see scoring or metal transfer from the con rod to the crank. It will appear scored, rough and streaked.
I agree this is probably what’s going to greet you inside the rod journal. If it had seized on there more suddenly/completely, it would likely have grabbed tight, thrown the rod, and beat a hole in the crankcase.

Harquebus

OK, you guys talk of a billet con rod, OK, my Coleman BT200x is got a stage 2 kit, torque converter, removed gov, billet flywheel.... .... .... ..{snipped}
You should probably start your own thread with your own issues. Piggybacking onto jayJams thread does a disservice to him and you.
Bad forum etiquette, ya know.

But these engine upgrades have already been discussed ad infinitum, ad nauseam on this and every other go kart/minibike forum for a decade + at this point, and a clone engine is a clone engine (for the most part). You have to know this. In other words, the forum search function (as flawed as it is) is your friend. :D

The applicable subforums for the real nitty gritty are probably 'Baja Minibikes' (a catch-all area that covers everything not domestic/vintage/old minibikes at this point) and 'Honda/Clone/Predator'

Harquebus

jayJams:
I can't tell precisely from your photos but someone else mentioned the camshaft bearing or journal looked scored or "hogged out", especially in photo #2. That's the machined socket that the end of the camshaft rides in {a plain bearing}. It looks scored and possibly egg-shaped {no longer round}. If that's not light glare or a camera anomaly, then it's toast. Both cam bearings {the one in the block and the one in the crankcase cover} may be the same condition. I suppose it could be repaired by a competent engine shop but I don't know.

Buying a Predator 212 engine and swapping over your intact "speed" parts is looking like the low-cost remedy, or hell, buy another Tillotson or a stripped block.

Don't get the idea we're gloating or shaming you over your "noob" engine mishap. Things like this happen to us all at one point or another and it's not always user error alone, but other outside influences, the phase of the moon on that day or just the cruel hand of fate. Photos of wasted engine parts and everything are just cool to see in their own right.

By the way, the cylinder and piston might be fine.

jayJams

jayJams:
I can't tell precisely from your photos but someone else mentioned the camshaft bearing or journal looked scored or "hogged out", especially in photo #2. That's the machined socket that the end of the camshaft rides in {a plain bearing}. It looks scored and possibly egg-shaped {no longer round}. If that's not light glare or a camera anomaly, then it's toast. Both cam bearings {the one in the block and the one in the crankcase cover} may be the same condition. I suppose it could be repaired by a competent engine shop but I don't know.

Buying a Predator 212 engine and swapping over your intact "speed" parts is looking like the low-cost remedy, or hell, buy another Tillotson or a stripped block.

Don't get the idea we're gloating or shaming you over your "noob" engine mishap. Things like this happen to us all at one point or another and it's not always user error alone, but other outside influences, the phase of the moon on that day or just the cruel hand of fate. Photos of wasted engine parts and everything are just cool to see in their own right.

By the way, the cylinder and piston might be fine.
i will take another pic of the block later to see the cam boss i mean there is a small engine shop down the street

I74

I got better pics of the cam boss
That's almost egg shaped.

I wouldn't even try in rebuilding that, It would never be right,, regardless of what parts you throw at it.
Do what Massacre & others pretty much suggest,, & just get a new engine.

Added,,
It's probably a safe bet that the wristpin end of the rod is jacked up also,, plus probably some of the piston.

Last edited: