What are the smallest minis?

Hey everyone! I am fresh off the heels of a DB makeover for my son and am itching to build one for me now. I've been eyeing a lot of what I'll call the smaller mini's but I don't really know what models they are. So that's my question.

What are the smaller rideable mini models that I should be keeping an eye out for. I know the Tom Thumb is out there, but I'm thinking maybe something a little bigger. I want something that will accept at least a 97cc. Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Mac

I hope you're not considering using a DB30 97cc on a mini for you.
( Maybe as a boat anchor for that fishing boat out back):smile:

45t

Get you a cat with a 5 hp :scooter:
Cats didn't come with anything larger than a 4hp originally, but you can get a 6.5 clone to fit in them. My son's did 40mph with one mounted in it. I took it out and put a 3hp briggs in that he could handle.

Cat 250X & 300X are on the smaller side. Here are my son's 250X and my daughters 250KC.

I like my MTD western flyer, longer wheel base for good handling, and with the 5.5 Honda I run it has plenty of go power!......Another good choice would be one of the Ruttmans.............Tom.

Cats didn't come with anything larger than a 4hp originally, but you can get a 6.5 clone to fit in them. My son's did 40mph with one mounted in it. I took it out and put a 3hp briggs in that he could handle.

Cat 250X & 300X are on the smaller side. Here are my son's 250X and my daughters 250KC.

Nice cats

I hope you're not considering using a DB30 97cc on a mini for you.
( Maybe as a boat anchor for that fishing boat out back):smile:
I ended up with a real cool 5hp Briggs from 1975 in it. It's a cool motor and I like it. Although that 97cc with a jackshaft is supposed to be not too shabby! Haha...

I like my MTD western flyer, longer wheel base for good handling, and with the 5.5 Honda I run it has plenty of go power!......Another good choice would be one of the Ruttmans.............Tom.
Any Ruttman in particular? About the Tom Thumb, how is that thing to ride? It is one of the coolest looking bikes I've seen! I just something I could keep up with my son on...