What do you do?

buckeye

That's a cool job hoppy. You really are making a difference in peoples lives. Allow them to do things we take for granted.

Thanks buckeye and yes im glad im able to help people with there independence HOWEVER..........its not all peaches and cream. Just like everyone else i have to deal with some real idiots on a daily basis.

buckeye

Oh I do it daily as well. Watch this as he try's to jump the creek drunk and it's a four foot drop into 1inch of water.

C9H13NO3

In the summer I do work with a landscape company, I do all the upkeep on their machines and mow lawns. In the winter (this winter) I work for a Specialty Fabrication Shop managing, I make the schedule, give people their paychecks, and as a tradeoff for working at a discounted rate, I get free use of the machinery (welders, lathes, etc). I've yet to find a need for anything but the welder. :laugh:

I also do repairs on homes, I run an ad on CL and in my area advertising that I can fix most things, mostly I get calls about broken drywall, Tv's won't turn on, Pilot light in the hot water heater is out, and probably 10 times a week I get people calling me to change lightbulbs.

Its boring, but it pays my bills and I enjoy it.

Oh yeah, I'm a Junior. I always forget about that part :laugh:

toomanytoys

Maintenance coordinator at an underground coal mine. It's a great job. I love working on stuff and I've learned so much in the last 10 years about hydraulics and electrics.

I'd rather be a self employed minibike builder. I wonder I'd I could market a nice big wheel bike..... I can dream. Can't complete with china.

TomH

I have a CDL with all the bells and whistles, but I drive a city bus because I make more doing it. I am not going to bore you with any stories of some of the idiots I deal with because you wouldn't believe it. I have tried to tell them to various normies and I am tired of getting that look. :confused: I do have a year and a half until I semi retire at 62 WHOOPIE.

Electrician for the Great Satan of mining Vale up here in the nickel city.

I pull my wire in the dark with my partner, sounds gay but it aint....

what do you do

Very much like Shunter; prepress color seperation, only before computers. All done with film and large process cameras. I was in the newspaper end of it.Now Retired!!!

I do mechanical design work, CAD (Computer Aided Drafting), I use Autocad and now I am using MicroStation. I am currently drawing HVAC units showing duct routing and machine installs, I know nothing about HVAC but know how to draw and give direction on how to install and the parts and stands used when installing. I have been doing drafting work most of my life, but would much rather have a manufacturing job or a fabrication job where I was building stuff. I just get tired of sitting behind a desk all day, that part doesn't interest me anymore.

i do 3rd shift maintenance work at walmart. basically its custodial work and floor maintenance. i did 9 years at a small machine shop as a machine operator, set up, qc, trainer, etc. working with hot rold steel, cold rold steel, aluminum, and occasionally stainless steel.

Still in school*shuddershudder*...

Im hoping to get into autobody, or preferably welding... I want to be able to actualyl do something, cant just be sitting behind a desk... I believe thats a surefire way to go mad! :laugh:

My trades are industrial instrumentation and electronics tech, but I switched ocupations 20 years ago and now work for a custom millwork company as a project manager.
Rob.

Was an auto/motorcycle tech for 18 years. last 17 years own a small job/fab shop,the shop focus has changed a few times. I have had up to 14 employees at one time and now it's just me the last 3 years.
The last 10 years has had a lot of vehicle fabrication,4x4's, rock-crawlers,etc. took my website down last Oct.
Here is a little something from a long time ago,I also built a few that made Top truck challenge too.
Custom Off Road Buggy - Four Wheeler Magazine
Now I get to do odd jobs in my shop and play at the house all day.

I work down under the streets. When something leaves your house/business, it ends up at my work. 26 yrs. and counting. I spent 15 years cleaning sewer lines on a daily basis. The next 9 years doing manhole inspections and flow monitoring. Now I sit at a desk 80% and get dirty fixing trucks/equipment 20%. I stay much cleaner.