What do you do?

Just wondering what everybody does for a job? Personally I am in school (gr.11) but when I graduate I plan on apprenticing to become a machinist.

Post what you do for a living, it could be cool to see what every body does. :thumbsup:

Shunter

Printer, heading up the computer prepress dept, digital press dept, and the in house IT guy.. 34 years now at the same place..

I own a lawn and tree care company. We fertilize, kill weeds, bugs and spray for diseases. With the exception of 2 yrs when I was a missionary in Iceland, I have been doing lawn/tree care since I was 17, nearly 22 years now:scared:

During the winter, I don't plow, but I take odd jobs sometimes. I guide history tours to the middle east and am hoping to do some work at a local auto-body shop. More for the experience than for the money.

I am a System Operator. If you see the beer commercial where the guy spills coffee to send a football game into OT (That's Me) There's a bit more to it because of federal mandates to keep the "Grid" secure plus we do real time power scheduling. At my finger tips is the ability to put our entire county out of power if I'm having a bad day.:drinkup: Anyway, having millions of dollars worth of equipment ruined by a wrong decision keeps you on your toes.
Fred

I did 5 years of apprenticeship with the IBEW, became a journeyman electrician, ran a bunch of jobs as a foreman and field supervisor, and now I work for a friend of mine who went into business for himself as an electrical contractor. I'm the chief estimator/project manager/boss when the boss is away.

joekd

Tier 3 tech support, mostly support our software on Oracle/Citrix platforms and a lot of back end work on our internet products

Funny part is that my college degree is in Marketing

Modify/service vehicles for people with disabilities. Im the service manager, trash guy, Technician, Parts Dept, and also work in customer service. I think im missing something?Oh yah i sell stuff and have cleaned the crappers more times then id like to admit!
We do everything from Hand controls to fix wheelchair lifts to high tech stuff like joystick steering, zero effort steering, etc, etc. Have seen some wild mods over the years, some very bad installs of equipmant to! Wow there are some HACKS out there. Anyway, i like what i do, like working with my hands, and the challenges the job brings.