What to do with an old blower housing

KB2ROCKET

Spray paint it tan let dry the brush on wood stain then drag a dry brush through it before it drys.
A tower will stick up in the center of the flywheel screen and I will mount the bridge on the tower. This ukulele will also sport a vintage Briggs engine sticker and a electric pickup so I can use an amp

KB2ROCKET

The back plate is not attached yet but here is the general idea tw studs are screwed into the neck those studs gothrough the shape adapter then through the sheet metal then through a piece of wood inside this same piece of wood is attached to the back plate then a internal tower that is a part of the back plate will rise out of the flywheel screen this is what the bridge will sit on. So all the stress will be on the back plate and not the sheet metal the blower housing will mount just like it would on the engine only I will use wood screws then epoxy the seam all the way around
How will it sound? I'm not sure that's why I've installed an electric pickup that way if it sounds bad accosticly I can hook it to an amp and adjust it's sound

gbones

mass produce these bad mama jama's. i think you are on to something:bowdown: and what size engine did this come from? 5hp?

KB2ROCKET

It's from a Briggs 5hp old style smoothe with the rounded top. Their is a guy on here the restore kid or something like that that had a post everything must go and was saying that he has loads of shrouds so I sent him a pm asking about them and he said he only had one and it's spoken for but I think he somehow got confused because my first pm to him was about a westbend he had for sale

Last edited: