Whats the difference between a briggs Industrial and a Briggs Gold industrial 5hp???

Like it says, i just bought a briggs gold 5hp industrial motor 50 dollars (woo hoo:thumbsup:) and i have had the regular industrial motors and have a few of the older ones but why are these called gold????

125ccCrazy

Like it says, i just bought a briggs gold 5hp industrial motor 50 dollars (woo hoo:thumbsup:) and i have had the regular industrial motors and have a few of the older ones but why are these called gold????
I have a gold IC I'm putting on my Bonanza, the engine is a steel bore non bearing... other than the steel bore I'm not sure whats different than normal IC engines...

that aint happening, if it aint broke dont fix it! I really dont mess with taking apart engines unless they need it and dont really care about mods to engines.

Well one of the books I was reading on preppng a engine for cart racing, says that the difference between an IC and NONIC is the Iron cylinder ball bering block and a stellite exaust valve. Slould be easy enough to tell the model # has a code for the berings.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
All of them will work stock, or modified. They make plenty of parts for both. The steel sleeve is what's most important. The bearings don't matter as much, but are a added bonus if you can find one with them in it.