Whats your favorite brand of tools?

Myself, I used to be a hard core Craftman man, till sears bought K-mart, or the other way around, never liked K-mart anything so I guess it's a mater of principle, Recently I obtained a suitcase full of Stanley wrenches and sockets, everything in it's place and a place for everything!!! Auto zone has some great tools, and they have the same guarentee as Sears, now for you kids complaining about your Dads crying that you left his tools out, you will understand when your wife pops out a boy,,, tools cost money!!! sometimes Dads are in a hurry to get a job done, time is money,, and if you borrow a tool, you should put it back where you got it from, that way he don't have to spend his time looking for something he needs, or at worst go by a new one, then we loose time gas and money!

Time he could of spent helping you
Gas that could of been put in your mini
Money he could of spent on another bike or cart
Just my 2 cents!!
dave

One thing everybody needs to know is WOLFE is 12 years old and needs guidence. If you have older;
combo wrenches
sockets
extensions
ratchets
screwdrivers
plyers

Let's help this kid out with some small donations to get him started. He has a few dollars and his father knows the kid needs some help from us older folks who have doubles and triples on everything.

TT PM me>?

Out~:stuart:
Wolfe's got plenty of tools,Appreciate your kindness.He told me someone had some for sale on here.And I said to find out what they had.I should have been following the thread to see what he was up to.. Thanks guys, Fletch

Snap On air tools suck. CP is the best. Snap On hand tools are good. I have Snap On, Mac, Matco, and Craftsman.:hammer:
What bad experience have you had with Snap-on air tools ?? ... I have 2 of the 3/8 Snap-on impacts ... They have done well for me the last 18 years I've had them ... I also have several CP tools along with some IR stuff ... (Forgot to mention the CP in my first post) ... I've had pretty good luck with them all but I'm not beating the heck out of them everyday either ...

Snap-on, Mac, Craftsman just about like everyone else here. This thread is kinda funny. Everyone (including me) always wants to talk about our nice name brand, hard to find, expensive tools....but I'd be willing to bet everyone here has the 1 complete set of junk tools laying around. I say this for 2 reasons, 1st there is some times it's quicker to make/mod a specialty tool then to drive across town or spend $100 on a tool you may not use for another 10 years. And 2nd (the most important) reason there is always that 1 neighbor, friend, or family member (who likes to borrow everything instead of buying it themselves) that knows nothing about tools and why they cost so much. I would use my BFH on anyone who tried to use a $100 ratchet as a hammer. :hammer:

Im a tool tec. I work for a company doing tool repairs. We are a warranty center for Dewalt (which is Black and Decker) Porter Cable,Milwaukee,Makita King etc. Everything but Craftsman and Mastercraft. Only because we cant ge thte parts. After working just about everything under the sun and the cost of it. I say buy your tools cheap when they break throw them away. If you buy a $99 dollar compressor and the pressure switch blows up. Its $50 for the switch $65 an hour to put it on. Makes no sence. Throw it out. As far as hand tools my wrenches are craftsmans and most of my screw drives are UAP/Napa because of the warranty and over the counter replacement.
Just my 2 cents.

Love Snap-On and own many of them but mostly have Craftsman because they are quality tools at a reasonable price. I have a number of tools that I have owned for over 40 years that still do what they were intended for. My motto is "If you buy a quality tool it does what is suppose to do, If need be you can make money by working with it and if times get bad you can still sell it and recoupe most of your original inestment"

My motto is "If you buy a quality tool it does what is suppose to do, If need be you can make money by working with it and if times get bad you can still sell it and recoupe most of your original inestment"
Damn straight! :smile: And if you can get a good used tool for a good price its even better and you even have a possibility to make money if you decide to sell it.

One thing everybody needs to know is WOLFE is 12 years old and needs guidence. If you have older;
combo wrenches
sockets
extensions
ratchets
screwdrivers
plyers

Let's help this kid out with some small donations to get him started. He has a few dollars and his father knows the kid needs some help from us older folks who have doubles and triples on everything.

TT PM me>?

Out~:stuart:
:punk: :punk: :punk: THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!! You could FILL a 11 dollar priority mail box FULL of stuff.... :punk: We should dedicate an entire thread to that or somethng... EVERYBODY has old un used tools laying around.... Think of the impact you could make on a 12 year old kid with an 11 dollar box..... :wink: TT you have REALLY had a brainstorm there..... MAN I can't recall how many times a flat screw driver was an allen wrench or POS pliers were a 1 inch box end wrench, when I was a kid......

It would need SOME kind of verification, couldn't even really do it.... BUT there are cases just like this where you know it's a kid in need....

:rolleyes: Toys For Tots, type of Tools For Tinkerers, program.... :rolleyes: That is a grand idea TT... :thumbsup:

My thoughts pretty much go along with the previous posts, but I saw a demonstration a while ago that I thought was pretty telling. A guy welded a 7/8" nut onto a stationary horizontal bolt and proceeded to first put a Craftsman open end wrench on the nut and stand on it. When he gently bounced you could see the wrench mouth flex open but when he repeated the same test with the Snap-On wrench there was no flex at all. Case closed. So, If you have the time, or don't mind going to Sears and get the free replacement for what you broke, then Craftsman is a great affordable way to go. I have Snap-On SAE and Metric wrenches, and Craftsman sockets and ratchets. I have learned not to crank too awful hard on the rachets so they rarely let me down.

I prefer Matco, as I've had an account with them for many years, and I think their tools are great, although some of them are now made in Japan which sucks.

But honestly, most of my box has Craftsman stuff in it, it's affordable, and not too bad.

My boxes are Snap On. I guess I just can't make up my mind on any one particular brand.

Sears used to have a no questions asked policy where if one of their hand tools broke you could return it and they would give you a brand new one. About 10 years ago I had a Craftsman 3/8" drive ratchet whose internal gearing went bad. I returned it to my local Sears and the salesman reached down under the counter and pulled out a box of used ratchets. He informed me that Sears now issues "refurbished" tools as replacements for any of their tools that break. Unlike my ratchet which was in mint shape (because that's the way I keep my tools) the one he tried to give to me was a beat up piece of shit which somebody had obviously been using as a hammer. I walked out without the "refurbished" piece of crap and I have NEVER bought another thing from Sears. So to Sears and anything they sell I say: "Screw you!" Ogy goes with Snap On.

Huh, here in Maine I returned one of them comemorative "gold" plated 3/8 ratchets that had stripped its innards and the salesman went right to the display and gave a new one, albeit not gold!

I took a few craftsman tools to sears to trade in. And i walked out with all brand new tools.
Iv taken wrenches in that could barely be called wrenches some with most of them missing but the part # still visable usually from the junk yard. Exchange no problem. Also if they no longer cary the part # you need they give you the closest thing theyve got. A couple monts ago i broke an arm off a small 2 jaw puller. Took it back and they ony had 3 jaw ones so they exchanged it for that. Sweet got a 50$ puller for free :) And screw drivers are a no brainer. Although they do seem to be much cheezier than the better brands

tools

hey ogy im sure the kid that wouldnt offer you a new tool off the wall was new @ his job im in mn. & wrk @ sears tool dpt. & im told to grab referb 1st but if some1 wants new i get it for them i love craftsman cuz like some1 said were open on wknds so you never have to wait to replace tools but i do understand there are also better ratchets out there with tighter gears in them so they click sooner in tight places but all im saying is best bang for $ is craftsman sorry to hear bought your troubles if it wer me youd still like sears but some of our tools are getting sourced out to china that sucks im embaressed sometimes but all-in-all still a very good tool to use & get replaced thanks

For Stuff I know will Break my Tools

For the hard stuff that will break my tools I use craftsman Why so I can go up to sears and get new ones They hate me up their but none of them speak english if they do they dont know what a tool is!

I have snap on but at work only its my box and tools but it stays at work!

I bought the Belair One Used on Craigslist best investment ever!

here is a pic of one:http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/blkhwk/100_1366.jpg