Wheel and tire size question...

I am building a wanna be mini drag bike, and have set up the front to accept a rim and tire off a pocket bike the rim is an 8" tri spoke and the tire size is 90x65x8 I used this because even the disc brake was pretty much a bolt on for the trail horse frame that I flipped and stretched...can someone recommend a rim and tire size that will look right with the one I have on the front...if not I feel like I may have to use a 6 incher on the front and the brake wont work on that one with out some major mods. Thanks in advance for any reply!

jrzmac

click on where it says photos on the right, underneath oldminibikes.com next to forum and home. on the next page about half way up on the right you'll see "upload photos". click on it and the next page comes up where you can upload 10 pics at a time. just click on the browse tab and search your computer for the pics! then hit submit on the bottom of the screen!!!!!!

I am building a wanna be mini drag bike, and have set up the front to accept a rim and tire off a pocket bike the rim is an 8" tri spoke and the tire size is 90x65x8 I used this because even the disc brake was pretty much a bolt on for the trail horse frame that I flipped and stretched...can someone recommend a rim and tire size that will look right with the one I have on the front...if not I feel like I may have to use a 6 incher on the front and the brake wont work on that one with out some major mods. Thanks in advance for any reply!
Hey Fly, For what it's worth, and this is just my opinion, If this truly going to be a drag bike, I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to put a brake on the FRONT wheel. In a panic situation the first instinct is usually to hit both front and rear brakes. If you apply more front than rear you are going to cross the finish line before your bike does. A clutch band brake and a rear wheel brake might be a better choice. Ogy

If you panic and can't control your bike your already screwed no matter how many brakes you have.Big cruisers have 1 of the 2 front disc and the rear brakes connected together for that very reason.