Which Fireworks Are Legal in Your State?

Oregon prohibits fireworks that fly, explode or travel more than six feet on the ground or more than 12 inches in the air. That means fireworks like bottle rockets, roman candles and firecrackers are illegal in Oregon. Gotta go across the border to Washington to get that stuff. :thumbsup:

we can't pop ANY this year. The stands weren't even allowed to sell fireworks this year it's so dry. We're in a horrible drought and burn bans are in effect all over Texas. Sucks really bad since I wanted to take my little 3 year old out.

buckeye

We cab shoot anything. Big ball mutiple shot things bottle rockets firecracker ect.. This is one of my favorite times. Usually have 15 or so folks over and cook all day. We set up multiple launches sites. 1 2 3 light. 6or 8 people lighting at once. Is it dark yet Neighbors all come out. Too much fun. There goes 4 or 5 hun in about 2 hrs. Have fun and be safe is our plan. Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

Same here in Mn...so I go South Dakota every year.:smile: Do these states realize how much $$$$ they are losing....:shrug:
We used to do that too, but the state troopers were busting people w/MN plates as they come back across the border.

Oregon prohibits fireworks that fly, explode or travel more than six feet on the ground or more than 12 inches in the air. That means fireworks like bottle rockets, roman candles and firecrackers are illegal in Oregon. Gotta go across the border to Washington to get that stuff. :thumbsup:
Did ya hear the other day about the fireworks stand guy that tried to sell a stick of dynamite to the King County Sheriffs deputy?:laugh:

They sell damn near anything on the Indian rez... couple guys in the neighborhood are shooting 4" mortars...nighttime gets pretty crazy over here:thumbsup:

wjustice

i'm in Jersey pretty much nothing is allowed. Even sparklers are "Dangerous". However if you cross over to Pa, the stores will sell to out of state but not to Pa residents, go figure! To add to it many long time displays have cancelled due to costs involved.

we go to muckleshoot and get anything we want, but the town just a mile away from the res is a no fireworks zone, fancy that crap, but yeah everthing is pretty much legal in WA

Neck

Growing up is optional
I got over the serious fireworks in my 20's! We were on Huntington Beach, about half a dozen friends and me, and one of my buddy's was lighting and throwing M80's. Well, because there was nothing for the concussion to reflect off of, it wasn't loud enough for him, so he started lighting and tossing them about 10 feet from us, well, one of the resin plugs they cork up the ends with hit me in the left forearm, and penetrated 1 1/4 deep into my arm (Glad it didn't hit me in the Neck!) took about 20 minuets to flush the crater out and five stitches to close it up. No more of those for me!

Pop goes the thumb

I got over the serious fireworks in my 20's! We were on Huntington Beach, about half a dozen friends and me, and one of my buddy's was lighting and throwing M80's. Well, because there was nothing for the concussion to reflect off of, it wasn't loud enough for him, so he started lighting and tossing them about 10 feet from us, well, one of the resin plugs they cork up the ends with hit me in the left forearm, and penetrated 1 1/4 deep into my arm (Glad it didn't hit me in the Neck!) took about 20 minuets to flush the crater out and five stitches to close it up. No more of those for me!
Now that does not sound like much fun at all. I was throwing lit standard firecrackers and one went off just as it left my finger and thumb and it brew a hole in my thumb and that was the last time for that stunt.
Neck did you ever go to watch the fireworks on the fishing barge in the ocean off Palos Verdies or Redondo Beach ?

Steve :scooter:

MikeBear

How big a crater did it leave when you shoved one up your buddy's @ss after he did that to you? :scared: :laugh:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Well.......Immediately after it hit me (It actually spun me around when it hit me) I said F..K....it hit me! and the knucklehead said, what hit you? I didn't know the piece was still in my arm, I couldn't see it, and as I was showing him the big ass cut on my arm, I started to wiggle my fingers, and the bloody piece popped out of my arm and fell onto the sand, He Puked, and I freaked! I really wasn't in an ass kicking mood after that!

Well.......Immediately after it hit me (It actually spun me around when it hit me) I said F..K....it hit me! and the knucklehead said, what hit you? I didn't know the piece was still in my arm, I couldn't see it, and as I was showing him the big ass cut on my arm, I started to wiggle my fingers, and the bloody piece popped out of my arm and fell onto the sand, He Puked, and I freaked! I really wasn't in an ass kicking mood after that!
Not allowed in San Bernardino county. I don't care for fireworks I think they're dangerous, so I'm ok with them not being allowed. We had a great time partying today...Happy Independence day everyone. be safe