Which muffler would work for my Tec

That first one looks nice if you want loud, a pipe is loud and can hurt performance of a stock engine. If the muffler on doesn't burn your leg I'd leave it be, if you have to have a pipe look some more and I bet there is someone who makes one that accepts a muffler for the HH series Tecumsehs. :thumbsup:

something to think about....your engine's mounting flange will be angled downwards. To give you an idea what I'm talking about, this is a straight header lined up with the mounting bolts/exhaust port on an OHV Tecumseh

something to think about....your engine's mounting flange will be angled downwards. To give you an idea what I'm talking about, this is a straight header lined up with the mounting bolts/exhaust port on an OHV Tecumseh

If the header may cause my engine to run badly then I don't think I want it. I just like the pipe look of maybe one of the smaller mufflers. Thanks.

Let me just say,its your mini bike and you can experiment all you want.Then if you don't like it, put it back how it was.:thumbsup:That's how we learn. I think a header would make it run better,always did for me.

Let me just say,its your mini bike and you can experiment all you want.Then if you don't like it, put it back how it was.:thumbsup:That's how we learn. I think a header would make it run better,always did for me.
Thanks, and I'm trying to soak up as much mini bike knowledge as I can. Planning on continuing more of these projects.:scooter:

TomH

Not knowing squat about that muffler, I would take it off of there and take a look at it to see how restrictive it is and if there are threads that will even accept one of those hot dog styles. If you don't have threads, there are a number of small mufflers that use machine screws.
lookie here:
Mufflers
Tecumseh Mufflers | MFG Supply

Don't know it they will fit, but you are not out much if they don't

george3

leave it alone. stock is quiet. runs best how it is. if you un bolt it then you will be spending money for nothing, pipe noisy, gasket, who knows, best like it is.

Not knowing squat about that muffler, I would take it off of there and take a look at it to see how restrictive it is and if there are threads that will even accept one of those hot dog styles. If you don't have threads, there are a number of small mufflers that use machine screws.
lookie here:
Mufflers
Tecumseh Mufflers | MFG Supply

Don't know it they will fit, but you are not out much if they don't
Thanks Tom, much appreciated. I'll take a peek.:thumbsup: