Will someone make a video?: Valve Lash (212 Hemi).

There isn't an in depth video on how to set lash.
Like: where is the compression stroke?
When is the compression stroke?
Every time the spring compresses is that the compression stroke? (i think it isn't, but show us where and when it is)
and how to keep the lash in place while bolting it down.

Number one question is When to set it. You can't just set the lash anywhere.

I (and MANY others) don't know how to set the lash so someone needs to make a good in depth video of how to do it.

The video does a fine job of explaining how to set lash. Except on a hemi the adjuster is at the end of the rocker instead of the middle. Still the same procedure though.

IMO if you do not know how to properly set lash then you should slow down on the mods. Get yourself an engine shop manual and learn all the basic maintenance first before you consider modding it.

The video does a fine job of explaining how to set lash. Except on a hemi the adjuster is at the end of the rocker instead of the middle. Still the same procedure though.

IMO if you do not know how to properly set lash then you should slow down on the mods. Get yourself an engine shop manual and learn all the basic maintenance first before you consider modding it.
i've got it now. Took a lot of trial and error and plus the engine being a Predator with the rocker bolts always unscrewing themselves was a problem. Got some LocTite this time :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

You used to have so much cam knowledge I find it hard to believe you cant find TDC. Just make sure you are on the compression stroke, not exhaust stroke! Remember, the cam gear has twice as many teeth as the crank gear!

Man....I just watched some videos on youtube of some guys adjusting or trying to adjust the valves on these clone engines.....and they get me confused !:confused::confused::confused: and I've been doing these engines for years now....and can't believe that there is not a better video out there.
I'll do a video this weekend on adjusting the valves on a hemi predator engine.