Yard Sale Find - K&S Hornet

I can help you with a reproduced Hornet sticker and show you how I duplicated the factory striping. Comet torque converters are a direct replacement for the V-Plex converter. The converter cover you got should fit and you are good to go. Also, if you need new bushings for the sleeve where the bolt for the forks goes they can be sourced from McMaster& Carr.
Thanks, I would like to know how you duplicated the striping.
The cover turned out to from a Power-Dyne so I'll be hunting for a correct one again. I believe I have another issue that needs attention as well. The bracket that secures a cover. Looking from the side of the bike it has the "L" bracket in front of the drive unit but nothing behind the drive unit. I'll need to find a pic from someone showing tge correct bracket design. Manco rims have "spider" cracks in them as well.

:eek:hmy: That was a HELL of a score.. Thats why I go to garage sales.. Never know WHAT you're gonna find for next to nothing.. I've seen 50 dollar Pump Remington shotguns to 20 dollar riding mowers.. :laugh:

Man thats a nice one.. Just about survivor class.. I'd just clean it up and leave it origianl.. I'm also pretty sure that old Tecumsseh would run with a little tinkering.. :thumbsup:

you bought a multi-colored yard stick ? :confused:
Nice find there . This summer on my lunch hour some co workers and I drove by a yard sale and there is a nice go kart complete for 20.00 , I had to borrow 20 from one of them to get it. Now I try to keep a little cash in the pocket because you never know where the next good deal will be. Will you be in the build off ?

:lol:

you never did tell us......what is this magical, mystical bike you found....:shrug:
The colors represent the scheme on a complete '71 CAT Endura R4005 survivor I landed off of "kc57"...or "kc59"...whichever, he was a heck of a guy and I was glad to do business with him.

That was a great day uncrating that thing. Very mystical...