Recent content by bilbo

1. B

Tecumseh Engines

Hi All, it's been a very long time since I've logged in here. I'll spare everyone the boring details on all that. I have a couple of Tecumseh engines that I'd taken from snowblowers a few years back to use for a minibike and gokart project. I ended up using a different engine for the minibike...
  2. B

Looking for the quietest possible exhaust.

I made one from an empty Coleman propane cylinder and some EMT for my trike that has an 8HP predator. It looks kind of dumb, but works great so far. It has a much quieter, thumpy tone instead of sounding like a lawn mower. I ended up having to drill out jets after putting it on, so I'm...
  3. B

Kroil

Years ago, I was able to order it directly from Kano Labs. I found it locally at a gun shop but it was wildly expensive. I ended up getting a gallon for as much as it would have cost for two pints locally. It is great stuff; I use it for lots of stuff including gun cleaning. I like the...
  4. B

Mini Push Mower Project

That is awesome!! Great work!
  5. B

Trying to remove the driven pulley on Alsport Trike

I tried with mine for months. Finally I gave up and bought a new one. It's still sitting under the bench soaking in Kroil.
  6. B

My First Sled

That is a nice looking machine. I have two Polaris sleds, neither as nice or new as that one. They seem to serve me well. Both were basket cases and I resurrected them. I was able to ride them a bit the last couple weeks; we have 8 inches or so of snow. They definitely make winter more...
  7. B

Waiting on parts I ordered from online .....

I just had parts go from Michigan to Minneapolis, then to Texas, back to Minneapolis and up here to me in ND. I think the holidays just overwhelm them. I used to have the issue with not being able to pick up my package with UPS all the time. I even had to chase down their driver once before...
  8. B

Odd (Maybe) Part Failure

That is a great idea. My jackshaft is a bit long, so I should be able to fit a couple extra sprockets on there. I was thinking the same thing on the ski. I've been on the hunt for an old/cheap ski from a snowmobile that I could repurpose. I can't imagine it would turn any worse than the...
  9. B

Odd (Maybe) Part Failure

It was a 10 tooth. I did make a mud flap for the bottom, but didn't get to ride it much before the sprocket failure. Seemed to help though. I'll make one for the top, too.
  10. B

Odd (Maybe) Part Failure

I had an unexpected failure this weekend. I was riding my Tri-Sport (TS with 8HP engine) and hit a couple of gopher mounds hidden under the light snow and then snap! I thought the chain had broken, but when I looked, the jackshaft sprocket was gone! I picked around in the snow where the snap...
  11. B

mini bikes as a conversation piece?

I don't have a mini bike so I can't speak to that, but I can tell you my trike generates a lot of "What is that?"s from younger people and "I haven't seen one of those in years" from older folks. My favorite though is the stink-eye I get from some of the more affluent locals.
  12. B

'Collector Minibike' Fargo CL

I was browsing today and saw this. I don't know enough to dispute the price, maybe worth that in some circles, but my jaw certainly dropped. https://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/5222221953.html
  13. B

Steam-Up

Awesome photos. I love thresher shows like this! For anyone in or near NW Minnesota, there is one of these shows there in a small town called Rollag. It is near Hawley and runs every Labor Day weekend. They have all sorts of traction and stationary steam engines on display with most of them...
  14. B

problem with forum. keep getting redirected.

It sort of works for me. I can't get to the front page of the forum, it takes me to a 5hp Briggs Flathead thread. I have to go into new posts, then pick a thread and then click 'General' in the navigation tree at the top. I have cleared all my browser data out and logged in/out a couple times...
  15. B

Fargo Craigslist Bronco

As much as I'd love to have it, I think I'll have to pass. I'm still paying off the credit card from all the parts I had to buy for my trike, as well as try to make sure we have enough for all the other summer fun we want to have. If I had an extra $150 around I'd definitely pick it up.