Recent content by PAP

1. P

2 Speed Clutch

Did you by any chance read the instructions?
  2. P

Mowing in the Dark....

You didn't stop to think this deal through........now you don't have an excuse to quit for the day and drink a beer!:drinkup:
  3. renegade12

renegade12

2017 build off Renegade
  4. P

4 Jaw Chuck and Indictor

Honestly, I haven't used a 4 jaw chuck in probably 20 yrs. Why?.....because 2 of my lathes are set up with 6 jaw adjust-tru chucks. They will clamp up with uniform pressure and distort things less with 6 jaws versus 3 or 4, plus the chuck itself can be adjusted on the back plate. This saves so...
  5. P

Predator question

Use # 7 1/2-8's shot. It probably won't take over 4-5 lbs, depending on your handle bar length. Don't worry about it flattening or going to dust....it's no being constantly pounded like a ad blow hammer. Lead has much better dampening qualities than steel. Try a gun shop or reloading supply, or...
  6. P

Predator question

Fill your handlebars with lead shot.....I did on mine and it cut down vibes dramatically.
  7. P

How long should shaft bolt for predator 212 be ?

I guess I wasn't thinking about what is common. I used a 1-1/2 SHCS because I made a counter bored washer/retainer so it wouldn't stick out so much, and give me more room for the TC cover.
  8. P

Predator 212 question

In a nutshell......no. There are ways to do it, but it will cost more than what the motor costs.
  9. P

Restoring and repainting fairings on motorcycle

When I painted the plastic fenders on my build off bike, I used Valspar outdoor clear plastic primer, and over coated with single stage acrylic enamel. No problems.....
  10. P

Turbonique Rocket Kart

That musta been an early version......the one I saw had twin gas turbines. I actually saw it at the local drag strip when he raced Don Garlits. That was a looong time ago....
  11. P

Minibike Cover

I made one from an old gazebo canvas. For inside use, don't use plastic or a cheap tarp, you need something that will breathe. If you use something that is water tight, it won't let moisture escape.
  12. P

what kind of briggs do i have? /starter question

Looks to me that the crank is correct for the ball bearing type ratchet driver. The shroud may not work though...
  13. P

Need red spray paint for 1958 B&S engine.

Walmart....
  14. P

Where do you store them all?

I've had the same problem lately. Back in March, a mini tornado wiped out my toy shed. It was a 8x12 Lifetime Poly Shed(basically like a Rubbermaid), but actually a pretty decent no maintenance building. The high winds basically sheared it right off the floor, and exploded it and wiped out...