3. legmann

Intro and pics of my version of a "hot rod" mini

good work!! looks real nice :thumbsup:
  4. legmann

unknown clutch

think speedway primarily used the tc 88
  5. legmann

What should I do

if you can get me a list of what you got i might be interested. Im not far from dearborn either.
  6. legmann

what is rupparts web site.... nmsg

guess i was spelling it wrong. thanks
  7. legmann

what is rupparts web site.... nmsg

do they have a websit or is it ebay only
  8. legmann

Snap ring removal made less difficult

snap rings on my bike bearings dont have holes for those pliers. Makes it a real mother:censure:
  9. legmann

how do i know

you can always slide motor foward or back if you have to
  10. legmann

how do i get this apart

14 inch speedway. I got jackshaft out with driven. I cant get bearing off jackshaft on driven side, and i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the driven off the jack shaft. im ready to start :hack::grind::weld:
  11. legmann

how do i know

i put inside calipers on my drive and it did read 5/8. before i did this i bought a 3/4 belt and was a little wide especially on drive. I dont know that my driven is original. Any way let me know what you come up with. How are you planning on thinning the belt if you have to? later
  12. legmann

how do i know

my driven is a 5/8 belt as well. is the 20 series much better then the tc 88
  13. legmann

how do i know

what kind of tubing
  14. legmann

how do i know

looks like its a tc 88 and i need a belt spacer. Does anyone know who carries them? gokartsupply does not nor does mfgsupply. can i just use washers, or does it need to be keyed? thanks
  15. legmann

how do i know

how do i know if my comet drive is a tc 88 or 20 series. Im thinking its a tc 88 cause i just bought a three quarter inch comet belt and it is wider then the brass bushing. Shouldnt the belt be same width as brass bushing. When i put cover on driven and tighten it down, it grabs belt and wont...
  16. legmann

comet belt

Ok, i just got new belt for 20 series comet. Obviously the one i had was the wrong size. However, i got the 3/4 inch symetrical belt, and my question is... when i put it around driven ( which is 3/4 inch from inside pulley to inside pulley at top, The belt just barely fits in around...
  17. legmann

hey gto..

what is the web adress? I tried bmi.com.... not it
  18. legmann

hey gto..

where are you buying comet belts for 19 dollars? I just paid 32 shipped. Sure would like to find a cheaper source. thanks
  19. legmann

torque converter

either will work just fine
  20. legmann

driven on torque converter

what kind of lube are you guys using, ill be :censure: to spend 20 dollars on comet brand