Intro and pics of my version of a "hot rod" mini

Whats up guys. My name is Chris and I'm into building choppers(the full sized ones LOL). I came across this rusty old frame from a friend of my kids. I have no idea what brand it is. If anyone knows, let me know. This is what it looked like when I brought it home.

and this about two minutes after getting it into my shop.

This pic is after mocking everything up and going for a test spin around the yard

And this is what I ended up with. I streched the frame four inches and widened it enough to accomidate the wide rear tire. Reworked the handlebars and lowered the bike about four inches. Made a new motor mount plate. Fabbed up a cool "jockey" hand brake for it. Put on a pair of fold up footpegs from the stashpile. The fuel tank is made from a fire extiguisher. The motor was in a box in pieces from a neighborhood kid that decided it would be fun to tear it down to see what made it work. Apparently putting it back together wasn't gonna be as much fun and when he learned of my project, he gladly donated to the cause along with the torque converter, seat, throttle cable and the cool little chrome breather which made an adapter to make it work on the carb. Sandblasted it, flat black paint and the required "moon eyes" sticker and she's ready to roll. I spent two weeks on this build from start to finish.

wow! im loving those apehangers! is that a cat? and I really like your gas tank! man i gotta try this on my cat! great bike 5 stars!

bandit 40

Very sharp looking bike!!!!:thumbsup: I like it , the gas tank is really nice,and yes where did you get the small sprocket from, I would be interested in one of those as well :smile:

Thanks for the comments guys...

the sprocket is from an old small riding mower. It has 29 teeth. I figured it was going to be way to small and I would have to Fred Flintstone it to get it going. Man was I wrong. When that tire hooks up, it will wheelie on demand and scary fast on top end. Must be the torque converter.

SpyGuy

That's some really nice work for a two-week project. Diggin' that jockey brake .... (should've mounted the 8-ball or a Moon-Eyes knob, though, but hey, still cool). A fire extinguisher for a fuel tank ..... man, I'm gonna hafta steal that idea.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: on an "old's kool" ride.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Damn looks real good
I would post pictures of you cutting up that classic. Josh might see you?
Hey Josh he's got a tecumseh on it, so cut him some slack.:thumbsup:

I appreciate all the comments guys. After perusing this site for about a month now, I think Ive got the "mini" bug! Lotsa cool rides here.