Search results

1. O

Rupp with cloan motor torque converter question

I'm looking to temporarily put a 6.5hp Predator motor in my Rupp Roadster. I know the shaft size is different between the HS40 and the Predator so I'm looking to only upgrade the driver unit. Would I be able to get this driver unit and leave the original jackshaft setup the same and will it...
  2. O

Does someone have a complete engine number for a 1970 Rupp Roadster?

My Roadster was missing the original flywheel cover so I don't have an engine number to order parts from. I'm trying to buy a new diaphram carb but I can't find a part number anywhere. If if anyone has an original 1970 Rupp Roadster with the HS40 motor, could you post the number on the side so...
  3. O

Should I upgrade my HS40 diaphram carb?

I've got an HS40 with a diaphram carb that is pretty beat (even though its rebuilt) and I'm thinking of buying a new one. I know that these diaphram carbs aren't that popular and troublesome so I was wondering what the experts would suggest to replace it with. I really don't want to upgrade...
  4. O

Rupp Roadster Assembly Questions

Alright, I have a couple questions with my clutch and electrical system: 1. Which way do I roatate the coil to advance the timing all the way, clockwise or counterclockwise? 2. Looking to redo the wiring but I need to redo the plug. Where do I get these electrical connections...
  5. O

HS40 Sidecover/C-clip removal without destroying oil seal?

Well I really F'd the dog... I finally got my motor back together, got everything buttoned up and secure and I put the effing oil scraper in backwards. So now I have to take the motor apart :mad2: It usually wouldn't be a problem but I already pressed on the oil seal and I have no idea where...
  6. O

Am I putting my HS40 carb back together the right way? (lots of pics)

Well my computer crashed and I lost a ton of pictures on how everything came apart so I'm asking for help on how to put it back together. I first put the needles in as picture: (o-ring, washer, then needle) I put them all the way in and backed them both out a turn and a half for a...
  7. O

Just got my seat done for my Roadster

Instead of buy a new one I had my buddies' mom make one. I think she did a good job: Before: After: I don't know if it hurts the value becuase it doesn't look like stock but I this is what I wanted. Not bad for $60.00, its even cheaper than what I found on ebay for...
  8. O

HS40 cam and shroud/pullstart

Anyone have any of these parts?
  9. O

what type of tec motor is this?

What size motor is this? I'm hoping that I can use the cam out of it in my HS40. Any ideas?
  10. O

Something from the back of my shed

I used to ride this around as a kid. The motor isn't original. The seat is a sissy bar cushion off a Yamaha, the shocks aren't original and neither is the back tire. Also both fenders were lost. Any ideas?
  11. O

HS40 Timing and Torque spec questions

I'm rebuilding my HS40 and its been a while since I took it apart. I think I set the timing right by lining up the line on the cam with the mark on the crank but at TDC the intake valve is slightly open. It doesn't look right to me but is this correct? Also does anyone have a list...
  12. O

Weedwacker powered minibike?

I've got an old Stihl weedwacker and the motor is still good. I would like to build something like this: but I'm afraid the motor is just way to underpowered. Anyone build anything cool with a weedwacker motor?
  13. O

How do you take apart Rupp Roadster Drum Brakes?

I want to take apart the brakes but they don't seem to want to come apart. I've been prying on them but I don't want to break anything. What am I missing? Here's what I'm working with:
  14. O

Anyone order from www.psep.biz? (HS40 rebuild questions)

I'm looking to order a rebuild kit for my HS40 here's the kit (RBLD153): Tecumseh Rebuild Kit Does this kit come with everything I need? I'm looking to do a complete rebuild and I'm afraid that I'll order it to find out its missing the sidecover crank seals or something. I mainly need...
  15. O

Taking Apart a Rupp Roadster Suspension

Can you take apart the front suspension for a Rupp? I don't know if these things are threaded together. Everything is pretty rusted and I don't want to break anymore parts by hammering on them. Anyone know if they can come apart?
  16. O

HS40 Crankshaft Removal

How do you get the crank out of this motor? This thing from the flywheel is holding it on and I already broke something on this bike by hammering so I'm gun shy now. Is this just rusted on or something else?
  17. O

Rupp Roadster with an H25?!?

I got a little worried when i saw the plate on the sidecover and it says: The pull start is all blue so I don't know if it is the HS40 with just an H25 pull start replacement. I measured the bore with a tape measure and it was a little over 2.625" Pics of the motor: It...
  18. O

Can this chrome be fixed?

I messed up when trying to restore the chrome and first tried to get all the rust off with a green pad and now its all faded. Anyone know if I can fix the scratches now in the chrome? I tried rubbing compound and no luck. You can see the difference in the finish between the two. Luckily I...
  19. O

1970 Rupp Roadster Rebuild

I might as well start a project thread about this bike. Just a recap, here is was when I found in a field: Its current condition: I started by cleaning up the torque converter. Before Sandblasting: And after. They look nice and new: I also wet...
  20. O

New Member with a Rupp Field Find

Hey everyone I just picked up an old Rupp that was just laying in a field at the in-law's house: I know its an old Rupp Roadster but I have no idea the year. I'm guessing early 70's. Its been laying in a field rotting away for a long time so everything on its locked...