Search results

1. oldyeller

Hs40 won't run?

Pull the idle mixture screw out of the side of the carb and insert your carb cleaner spray into the screw hole and spray. You should be able to see some cleaner come out of a tiny hole in the carb throttle bore on the engine side of the butterflies. I just cleaned mine out yesterday with some...
  2. oldyeller

Rupp drive belt

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I just purchased the gates 6061 from Amazon. The bike seems a little sluggish off the line in my brief road test down the side walk. It also wants to take off at idle speeds. This is a project bike that I have never ridden before so it could have some...
  3. oldyeller

5hp briggs running too rich?

I have an old 5 hp briggs that is running pretty poorly..Last year I installed a new electronic ignition in it to replace the troublesome points..The engine ran awesome and I ran a complete tank of gas through it until it quit.. A few days later I put some more gas in it and it would not...
  4. oldyeller

1970 chopped up rupp

I built a rupp with a clone but no Tav setup just chain drives..I had to play with the gearing to get it to stop being wheelie happy.
  5. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

I managed to get the lid off by drilling the top off of the screw.Once I got the lid off I just gripped the shaft of the screw with vise grips and it twisted right out..
  6. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Began disassembling the brakes today..I managed to get it all off the cart but the master cylinder was seized as were the bolts that held it on..Finally got it off and even got it freed up while held in a vice but now I can't get the lid off of it..One damn phillips head screw is totally...
  7. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

The engine(honda G200) rolls freely and has good compression..Haven't checked for spark yet as the end of the spark plug is snapped off and the plug wire cap is not in great shape either..At this point I think the brakes are going to be the biggest issue as everything appears to be seized tight..
  8. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Here are some pics of a couple of the yamaha RC100s that looks very similar.
  9. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Ok here is another one with the tank in place..I wiped some of the grease off of the frame and the paint is still actually pretty shiney..Not too sure about the colour but it does pop nicely against the aluminium floor.
  10. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Thanks for the replies guys..It does look very similar to the RC100..I will try to get some better pics tomorrow..It has what appears to be a 5hp honda motor on it now..Not sure if it runs as it is covered in ice at the moment...Needs tires,probably brakes and a fuel pump and some gas lines..
  11. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Just got this project as a Christmas present..Can anyone tell me what it is?..The gas tank is loose in the pic and normally mounts under the steering column.
  12. oldyeller

Rupp cam washers

The washers act like a cam..As you turn them against the little bump on the side of the swing arm they force the axle rearward..Once you tighten the axle nuts the washers help hold the axle from slipping forward under torque from the chain..I believe the little tab that sticks out on the washer...
  13. oldyeller

Will our engine EXPLODE?

To me the risk is because the thing is sitting between your legs on a mini bike..Maybe its unlikely to blow up but what if it did!..Kart racers don't really have the same risk because the motor is sitting off beside them usually..A little shrapnel all over the track but at least your legs and...
  14. oldyeller

Basic Questions For Go Karts

Yes with that gearing and 20 inch tires you are going to have no bottom end at all....I just sold my rupp kart that I had 18 inch tires on and 7.5:1ish gearing and it worked pretty well...Strong acceleration and top speed was about 26mph on the governor..
  15. oldyeller

How bad is this Rupp shaft?

Yup thats what I did..Labour to fix it would be more than 25 bucks..
  16. oldyeller

straight pipe exhaust questions

Probably not unless the original muffler was really restricting the flow..IT will make it obnoxiously loud though...Usually it is the engine governor or the final gearing that restricts your top speed..
  17. oldyeller

Looking for cheap 3.00 X 10 tires for rupp

I am having a hard time locating 3.00 X 10 knobby tires for my rupps..Yes I know I can get them from the "Rupp" places but just wondering if there is a cheaper alternative?..I am running 2.50 X 10 tires that I can get here locally in Canada but I keep having tube punctures because the tire just...
  18. oldyeller

wtf exhaust

Most pipes like the one in the pic won't work because of the angle the engine is on in the rupp..A pipe that would normally be horizontal and exit under the seat is going to be jammed up into the seat bottom and will likely not even bolt on.....When I built my rupp/clone projects I had a welder...
  19. oldyeller

HS40 will not start

Have you tried a different spark plug?..I was having a similar issue with a roadster that I dragged home..It would give a pop every now and then but would not actually start and stay running..It had lovely looking nice blue spark..About 1000 pulls later in frustration I swapped in an old plug...
  20. oldyeller

What is it?

This is for sale near me..Any ideas what it is?