Search results

1. L

Fenders or no fenders?

I was wondering if I should take my fenders off of my DB or not. OTHER QUESTIONS: What oil should I use? What psi should my tires be at? What is a good way to clean my whole bike and what should I use? What is a good way to tune up my mini? (how to make my throttle and brakes...
  2. L

How do you tune up a Doodlebug?

How do I get my bike running as good as when I first swapped the engine? BACKGROUND: When I first put my 6.5hp engine on my bike it was fast as hell. Then I crashed. BAD. I got more messed up than the bike did but I did put a little scratch on my front fender and bent my right foot peg...
  3. L

Where did my brakes go?

I was camping the other day and I let my buddy Slug ride my mini bike. The only problem is that Slug is a nut and he messed my stuff up a little bit. He was riding in the woods, drunk, at midnight, in mud thick enough that my buddies' John Deere diesel Gator was getting stuck. The bike was dirty...
  4. L

A quick note for people about to put a 6.5hp on their Doodlebug.

The other day I got my kit from Chris (which was great) and I installed my 6.5 on my DB. I should have taken a picture of my bike, while it was still perfect. I was riding it with one of my buddies in a big open parking lot. The only problem was that this parking lot had a lot of potholes and...
  5. L

About to install the clone...

I just received my kit from Chris yesterday and I'm gonna put it on today. I was wondering though if I should put rubber washers on it. I seen somebody do this before and it might be helpful for the vibrations. Do yinz suggest I do this? If so, where do I get the washers? Anything else I should...
  6. L

What options should I get in my AGK kit?

I am about to buy a kit off of affordablegokarts.com and I don't know which options to get. I was thinking about getting bolt on kit 1 and the three things that I need to choose from are air filter, main jet size, and which header to get. I was thinking about getting a UNI style filter instead...
  7. L

What are some cheaper modifications I can do to my DB?

I just ordered my kit from Chris the other day and I expect it to be here in a couple of days and I wanted to know what else I can do to my engine right now to make it a little faster and more dependable? My buddy and I already removed the governor from it. I was thinking about getting this...
  8. L

Should I try riding it with the stock engine?

I just got my Metal Motorsports Rivet and I can't wait to ride it. The only problem is I want to install my 6.5hp clone engine in it and I need to buy the kit to do so and that's going to take a couple days. I didn't want to ride it with the stock engine because I plan on selling it on...
  9. L

How do I remove the stickers without messing up my paint?

The title explains it all. I'm about to get a DB and I don't want any of those corny stickers on it but I don't know how I would get them off without messing up the paint job. Did any of yinz do this and how did you do it?
  10. L

While I was at Pep Boys today...

I stopped by Pep Boys this morning to see if they had any Baja Doodle Bugs in stock because I plan on buying one this Friday. The true reason I went there was to see if they had a yellow one there but they didn't. In fact, they didn't have a red one either. I'll have to call them later and see...
  11. L

How do I hook up lights to my Doodle Bug?

I want to add a functioning headlight and taillight to my mini bike. I want the headlight to be on some type of switch so I can turn it on or off and I want the taillight to activate when I hit the brakes. How do I hook these up and what should be the power source? I was considering getting...
  12. L

What is the coolest/strangest mod. you made to you Doodle Bug?

I seen lights on them and I definitely want to do that but I wondered what else yinz did to them. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a radio and it would be kind of neat to have a horn and mirror on it. I think it will be really cool if you could add a PA to it somehow. What have you done...
  13. L

I want to build a mini bike. How do I get started?

The title basically explains it all. I want to get started but I don't like rushing into things without doing some research first. My friend told me I'm stupid for wanting one because I can't ride it on the street and I won't be able to ride it anywhere. That's kinda true but we'll see. I will...