Search results

1. M

Honda gx160 misfiring under full load

Hey guys its been a while for me here on OldMiniBikes. Anyways, took the bike out today for a bit. Was running fine and then it just started sputtering/misfiring under full load. It didnt stall and I rode it about a quarter mile back home on maybe 1/3 throttle. I looked at the plug and it was a bit...
  2. M

GX160 has no valve rotator

Mods please delete thread. Problem solved...
  3. M

Are clones just as good as the Hondas?

Aside from the price? I feel like the clones just wouldnt be made as good. Or are they strictly throwaway/experimental engines? I also feel like various tolerance specs wouldnt be perfect in some of these clones and the castings are more likely to be bad. I know the hondas are like...
  4. M

Back from the dead, A rebuild.

OK so a couple years ago I bought this bike from someone off Craigslist. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/32492-new-toy-need-help.html It had a Tec. HS35 something connected to the TAV30. Took that off, put on an old GX140 from the 80s and enjoyed it for a lil...
  5. M

briggs 3hp w/ reduction

Feeler here These motors are atleast 25 years old. They are old lader-vator hoist engines. They are briggs 3 hp with the 6/1 reduction. the reduction is oil filled and the crankshaft has a geared key at the end. the reduction can be removed easily. I have 4 of these motors and Ive...
  6. M

Restoring old 3hps

Ok so I do temp work with a roofing company sometimes. Theyve been around since 1929. With that being said they have a decent size warehouse that is full of OLD motorized equipment, such as generators and laddervators (gas powered hoist on ladder track) They are trying to clear out some old...
  7. M

TAV2, parts

looking for a used unit or any parts. on a budget but if you have any parts or a complete unit give an offer needs to be for #41 3/4 drive. thank you.
  8. M

Cat Parts?

Ok so I have a cat frame/fork that has been in my basement for as long as I can remember. Im not sure what model it is. I think its a R302 but it has a tab for a drum brake and no front fork spring, and the bars are curved up. I think the bars were a custom mod. picures are in another post of...
  9. M

headbolts

can I re-use stock headbolts or are they the stretch kind? honda gx140.
  10. M

found this video

i think this is F-ing rad, is this a regular tractor tranny? the kid uses a clutch its awesome. YouTube - Turbo Lawnmower
  11. M

Vanguard 13hp?

I have a generator that has a B&S vanguard 13hp OHV. electric start all that, 1" shaft. anyone use these? im guessing theyre good motors they cost like $1,000. any performance parts a builders that know these motors? :smile:
  12. M

Gx160 cam into Gx140?

ok so i found out one of my Gx160 motors has no compression. I no longer have any plans for that block. Instead I want to take the carb off and the cam out and install them on the Gx140. Will I have any issues running a slightly bigger carb? Do the cams have the same timing or what are...
  13. M

t/c driven gear?

6" or 7" that is the question. does size really matter? 7" giving you more low end. :biggrin:
  14. M

Help, IDing a frame and such

Hello all, I've had this frame in my basement as long as i remember, never seen it complete or running. all i know is i mounted a flat 5hp on it and the plug was sticking between the top tubes, tight clearance. im gonna go with a honda 5.5hp any ways I plan on getting it going because i...
  15. M

Gx140 piston blow-by normal?

Hello all, I was tearing down my gx140 today to get a a list going for my mini. So I removed the oil sensor and took the governor parts out. I noticed as i turned the crank there was air seeping by the piston into the crank case. i could hear it hissing. Is this normal for these motors or...
  16. M

been a while, whats going on with the torque converters

ok so i havent posted in a while. Ive been waiting for some kind of feedback on the "other" torque converters since comet is no more and is as expensive as gold these days. I also wouldnt feel right buying the comet because i will be really using/abusing it and i know they arent being made...
  17. M

advantages of multi engine bikes?

I was going to post a reply in another thread but i didnt want to go to far off topic so new thread time... I just want to know what are some advantages of making a multi engine bike over a single engine bike.? Ive seen a few and they look really cool and intricate and must have taken some...
  18. M

some feedback on the GTC TV2

Has anyone tried this thing yet? Is there any kind of feedback on this product? I found a couple threads referring to it and said they werent impressed so much with it....the power band seems to level out in middle rpms.. If its basically built to the same spec as the Comet 30 series how...
  19. M

New toy, need help.

As you can see I'm new here, my intro post can be seen here:http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/32490-hello-all.html So I came across this cool little bike going through Craigslist. Came with a tired barely working unstable tecumseh flat-head 3.5 or 5 Hp engine. Didnt even...
  20. M

Hello all!

Hello, As you can see I'm brand new here. Just a bit about myself, I'm 23 and very familiar with small engines, minibikes, go karts, etc......anything with a motor as most of you probably say.:thumbsup: Assuming most of you on here are dudes you probably wont find my self picture to...